Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to copy certain info from several directories Post 302694911 by nrjrasaxena on Friday 31st of August 2012 04:02:38 PM
Old 08-31-2012
Script to copy certain info from several directories

Hi,
I am writing a script to copy certain file name in txt file [1].
It is working fine if I provide a single directory name (for example "/eos/uscms/store/user/pooja04//analysis2012/525/data/doubleele/2012/datav1/" ) where those specific files are present ending with *root [2].
But I want to modify this script to check the directories there [3] look for all the directory for the files ending with *root and then copy them to the $FileName.

Thanks,
Pooja

[1]
Code:
#!/bin/bash                                                                                                                                                            
date
PATHNAME=/eos/uscms/store/user/pooja04//analysis2012/525/data/doubleele/2012/datav1/

FileName=DataFileName
 ls -ltr $PATHNAME grep root | awk '{print "$PATHNAME"$9}' > "$FileName"

[2]
Code:
[pooja04@cmslpc09 tcsh]$ ls /eos/uscms/store/user/pooja04//analysis2012/525/data/doubleele/2012/
dataJv1  dataMv2  datav1  datav4
[pooja04@cmslpc09 tcsh]$

[3]
Code:
[pooja04@cmslpc09 tcsh]$ l /eos/uscms/store/user/pooja04//analysis2012/525/data/doubleele/2012/datav1/
-rw-r--r-- 1 pooja04 us_cms 128761223 Jul  1 20:48 vgtree_276_4_8Dj.root
-rw-r--r-- 1 pooja04 us_cms 153347935 Jul  1 21:36 vgtree_183_2_aZm.root
-rw-r--r-- 1 pooja04 us_cms 139629983 Jul  1 22:01 vgtree_76_5_I3U.root
-rw-r--r-- 1 pooja04 us_cms 128422302 Jul  1 22:40 vgtree_95_4_KXv.root
-rw-r--r-- 1 pooja04 us_cms 139629983 Jul  2 02:36 vgtree_76_6_wEd.root

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy and keep owner info

I need to copy all fiels and directories to another locathon and keep the owner info and rights. I tried cp -r - p * /newdir No good. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarono
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy selected Directories

I wonder if someone would help me a little here. I have a directory (folder on a mac) with about 100 subfolders and sub-subfolders and files there in. All sub directories have the same name structure, "AAA Name". Like this: ISP CompanyName ITS CompanyName KEL CompanyName KRA CompanyName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigurarm
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file into directories and sub-directories

Hello- I need to copy a file into multiple directories, and each directory's sub-directories (of which there are 5) Currently, the parent directory is set up like this: dir1 sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 sub-dir4 sub-dir5 dir2 sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penlok
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to copy the lease info block

Hi, am having a lease file which contains lots os lease info. In that i have to copy the whole block(shown below) by identifying the mac and change the IP according to the i/p. I have used like sed s/${ip_addr}/$ch_ip/g $temp_file | grep -B5 "${mac}" >> $persistent_file sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMNK
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name

how can i copy those files into other directories have the same name but different in the end i have files in directory called test: 10_10_asdadfsdfad.txt 10_10_11_asdawqefwkjasd.txt 10_10_11_12_asdafjjhoqwd.txt i want to put them in exist directory thart i have on my system i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t17
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract the day of the year and use that info to copy a file remotely

Hello, Thank you in advance for helping a newbie who is having great trouble with this simple task. I'm allowed to copy one file remotely each night due to bandwidth restrictions. A new file gets generated once a day, and I need to copy the previous day's file. Here is what I'd like to do:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmozdzen
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & Copy Directories : Bash Script Help

Beginner/Intermediate shell; comfortable in the command line. I have been looking for a solution to a backup problem. I need to compare Directory 1 to Directory 2 and copy all modified or new files/directories from Directory 1 to Directory 3. I need the directory and file structure to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rod
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy particular file from directories recursively

I have directory path in which there are several sub directories. In all these sub dir there will be one env.cnf file. I want to copy this env.cnf file from each sub dir's and place them in destination path by creating same filename as sub dir_env.cnf. After copying env.cnf files from source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy directories in make file

LD:=C:/WindRiver/diab/5.9.3.0/WIN32/bin/dld.exe CFILES:=$(wildcard *.c) OBJFILES:=$(subst .c,.o, $(CFILES)) OBJ_PATH:=$(PRJ_PATH)/out/ ADDOBJFILES := $(addprefix $(OBJ_PATH),$(OBJFILES)) FILES:=C:/EB/tresos/workspace/Test_Spi/output/src copyfiles: cp ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ushacy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Copy Directories ONLY

I am trying to copy only the date specific folders/directories using the following command. However, the following copy command is also copying files from the root folder (OriginalFolder). find /OriginalFolder/ -type -d \{ -mtime 1 -o -mtime 2 \ } -exec cp -R {} /CopyTo/'hostname'__CopyTo/ \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheLinux
2 Replies
Tk_GetVRootGeometry(3TK)				       Tk Library Procedures					  Tk_GetVRootGeometry(3TK)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetVRootGeometry - Get location and size of virtual root for window SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_GetVRootGeometry(tkwin, xPtr, yPtr, widthPtr, heightPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window whose virtual root is to be queried. int xPtr (out) Points to word in which to store x-offset of virtual root. int yPtr (out) Points to word in which to store y-offset of virtual root. int widthPtr (out) Points to word in which to store width of virtual root. int heightPtr (out) Points to word in which to store height of virtual root. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
TkGetVRootGeometry returns geometry information about the virtual root window associated with tkwin. The ``associated'' virtual root is the one in which tkwin's nearest top-level ancestor (or tkwin itself if it is a top-level window) has been reparented by the window man- ager. This window is identified by a __SWM_ROOT or __WM_ROOT property placed on the top-level window by the window manager. If tkwin is not associated with a virtual root (e.g. because the window manager doesn't use virtual roots) then *xPtr and *yPtr will be set to 0 and *widthPtr and *heightPtr will be set to the dimensions of the screen containing tkwin. KEYWORDS
geometry, height, location, virtual root, width, window manager ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk 4.0 Tk_GetVRootGeometry(3TK)