Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FULL or INCREMENTAL ???
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FULL or INCREMENTAL ??? Post 302694823 by bender-alex on Friday 31st of August 2012 12:53:51 PM
Old 08-31-2012
Question FULL or INCREMENTAL ???

Hi. Can someone tell me if the following script that i have made is a script for INCREMENTAL BACKUP or FULL BACKUP. My teacher told me that is doing an FULL BACKUP.

• find /etc /var /home -newer /backups/.backup_reference > /backups/.files_to_archive
• touch /backups/.backup_reference
• tar -zcvf /backups/incr/incr_backup-$(date +%F).tar.gz --files-from /backups/.files_to_archive

#!/bin/bash

echo "$(/bin/date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") START backup incremental..."
/bin/find /etc /var /home -newer /backups/.backup_reference > /backups/.files_to_archive
/bin/touch /backups/.backup_reference
/bin/tar -zcvf /backups/incr/incr_backup-$(date +%F).tar.gz --files-from /backups/.files_to_archive
echo "$(/bin/date +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") FINISH backup incremental..."

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incremental backup

Hi, I would like to create a daily incremental backup of a directory with all of the files within and add a timestamp (year-month-day) to the tar.gz file. I have the following, but it doesn't backup the inside files of the directory. #!/bin/bash tar -czf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incremental by 1

let says, i have this number as 000002080, i want to add 1 to make it 000002081, and then i want to add 1 to 000002082, add 1 to 000002083, 84. i=000002080 TOT=$(echo "scale=9; $i + 1" | bc) echo $TOT it shows 2081, i want to retain 000002081, 000002082, 000002082, 000002084. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Incremental Backup

I have a folder /root/test in a centos 5.3 system. I want to take an incremental backup of the contents of the folder in the C:\Downloads folder of a windows system present in the same lan as the linux system. What are the ways of executing this plan? Kindly help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incremental and full backup.. please help me

Hi, i'm new here(and a newbie) and i need some help with a project. I need to write a script for an incremental backup (this must be executed every day at 24:00) and a full backup (executed once a month) for etc/var/home directories. Can someone please help me with this? And a small explanation of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bender-alex
9 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

incremental or full backup ???

Hi. Can someone tell me if the following script that i have made is a script for INCREMENTAL BACKUP or FULL BACKUP. My teacher told me that is doing an FULL BACKUP. • find /etc /var /home -newer /backups/.backup_reference > /backups/.files_to_archive • touch /backups/.backup_reference • tar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bender-alex
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incremental numbering?

Would it be possible for a script to duplicate a file and incrementally number it? File in: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0016.aep File out: XXX_007_0580_xxxx_v0017.aep If someone knows of a way I'd love to see it. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Incremental logic

Hi Guys, am trying to write logic to do incremental value using linux Example: a=00.00.00.01 My b should be like this b=00.00.00.02 and when it reaches 99 my b should look like this b=00.00.01.99 Appreciate your help guys Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddi
14 Replies

8. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
INTLDATEFORMATTER.GETCALENDAR(3)					 1					  INTLDATEFORMATTER.GETCALENDAR(3)

IntlDateFormatter::getCalendar - Get the calendar type used for the IntlDateFormatter

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
int IntlDateFormatter::getCalendar (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style int datefmt_get_calendar (IntlDateFormatter $fmt) PARAMETERS
o $fmt - The formatter resource RETURN VALUES
The calendar type being used by the formatter. Either IntlDateFormatter::TRADITIONAL or IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN. EXAMPLES
Example #1 datefmt_get_calendar(3) example <?php $fmt = datefmt_create( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN ); echo 'calendar of the formatter is : ' . datefmt_get_calendar($fmt); datefmt_set_calendar($fmt, IntlDateFormatter::TRADITIONAL); echo 'Now calendar of the formatter is : ' . datefmt_get_calendar($fmt); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $fmt = new IntlDateFormatter( 'en_US', IntlDateFormatter::FULL, IntlDateFormatter::FULL, 'America/Los_Angeles', IntlDateFormatter::GREGORIAN ); echo 'calendar of the formatter is : ' . $fmt->getCalendar(); $fmt->setCalendar(IntlDateFormatter::TRADITIONAL); echo 'Now calendar of the formatter is : ' . $fmt->getCalendar(); ?> The above example will output: calendar of the formatter is : 1 Now calendar of the formatter is : 0 SEE ALSO
datefmt_get_calendar_object(3), datefmt_set_calendar(3), datefmt_create(3). PHP Documentation Group INTLDATEFORMATTER.GETCALENDAR(3)