Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Global Script Best Practices
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Global Script Best Practices Post 302694737 by Tenuous on Friday 31st of August 2012 10:15:08 AM
Old 08-31-2012
Global Script Best Practices

Hey there.

I am a relative rookie when it comes to Linux/Unix Administration and have been learning to adapt my meager coding skill to working with shell scripts in the 'nix realms. I have done some exhausting searches for and found plenty of information on making scripts globally available but cannot seem to find any cohesive best practices. Would anyone here care to take a stab at pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
T

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic global script

Hi, I have to create a global dynamic script which should ask for the env or some other variables and then create the soft links. let's say that I have to create ten soft links and the path for these soft links is different for each env for e.g: WDEV: /d02/app/applmgr/wdev/appl/CDCRM/bin... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable in a script?

How to create a Global variable within a script file. say i want a varaible called LOGFILE to be used within all the script. how to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How can we copy a directory from Global to Non-global zone?

Hi All, How can we copy a directory from global zone to non-global zone using SCP command? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Is there two different kernel`s running in global and non global zone?

Hi All, I want to know for non global zone there will be different kernal running? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to see global hostname by logging in non global zones?

Hi guru Could any one help me by letting me know, how to see global hostname by logging in non global zones Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to identify a global or non-global Solaris server?

Hi, I have Solaris zone configured with Solaris 9 and 10. In Solaris 10(non global), I use the command “zonename” to get whether it is global or non-global server. For Solaris 9, what command I can use to get whether it is global or non-global server. Regards, Kalai :confused: (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
25 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Global - Local script??

Hi, I have a script which can be called from any path on the machine. It kind of acts like a global script. How do I achive this? :confused: The path from which I call it is different from the path where it exists. (where <script name> ) Thanks and Regards, Preetham R. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Global and non-global zone resource sharing - tricky

hi all, Just a simple question but i cant get the answers in the book - In my globalzone , assuming i have 4 cpus (psrinfo -pv = 0-3), if i set dedicated-cpu (ncpus=2) for my local zone Is my globalzone left with 2 cpus or still 4 cpus ? Does localzone "resource reservation.e.g. cpu in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Date and time change in global and non global zone

Hi, If I change date and time in global zone, then it will affect in non global zones. During this process what files will get affect in non global zones and which mechanism it's using to change. gloabl zone:Solaris 11.3 X86 TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)						    Miscellanea 						 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)

NAME
amanda-scripts - Configuring and using the Script API DESCRIPTION
The Script API is a flexible system for invoking user-supplied scripts at various points in the execution of Amanda. This manual page describes the operation and configuration of the API. For help writing Script API scripts, see http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Script_API. SCRIPTS
This section lists the scripts included with Amanda, see the individual man page for instructions on using them. For complete How-To information, consult the Amanda wiki at http://wiki.zmanda.com. o amzfs-snapshot(8), - create/destroy zfs snapshot. o script-email(8), - send email. Script properties work just like application properties: they are insensitive to case, and - (dash) and _ (underscore) may be used interchangeably. SCRIPTS OUTPUT PROPERTY
A pre-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate or pre-dle-backup executed on the client can output property on stdout that are sent to the application. If the output line matches "PROPERTY str1 str2", Amanda sets a property called "str1" by the value of "str2", that property is sent to the application. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)