Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gnuplot flat line graph
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting gnuplot flat line graph Post 302694693 by jamie_123 on Friday 31st of August 2012 08:52:55 AM
Old 08-31-2012
What I cant figure out is how to plot y vs x. I am pretty used to drawing verticals, but I have no clue of how to make horizontals.

I hope my question is clearer now.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get rid of blank line in a flat text file

Hi, I have a flat text file which contains blank line between each text line. Is there any command to get rid of it? Thanks for your help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xfang
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : split flat line's to $

Hi, below is the software list of lines I have, MozillaSrc 1.7.8.00.00 Mozilla 1.78 Source Distribution NFS B.11.11 ONC/NFS; Network-File System,Information Services,Utilities NParProvider B.11.11.01.04.01.01 nPartition Provider NPartition ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: acomd2
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to remove the first line from a flat file ?

Hi, I want to remove the first line from a flat file using unix command as simple as possible. Can anybody give me a hand ? Thanks in advance. xli (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: xli
21 Replies

4. Solaris

How to generate graph from flat file by using unix script

Hi, I need to generate graph from the text file in Unix server. The file contains the following data, Fri Feb 03 07:01:00 PST 2012|3325 Fri Feb 03 07:02:00 PST 2012|3349 Fri Feb 03 07:03:00 PST 2012|3290 Fri Feb 03 07:04:00 PST 2012|3496 Fri Feb 03 07:05:00 PST 2012|3362 Fri Feb 03 07:06:00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkn
2 Replies

5. Programming

Creating a line graph in jqplot

I have a piece of code here that should create a line graph consisting of two lines. It will not render the lines and neither the dates on the x-axis. The y-axis is apparently already scaled for the y-values, so the data interpretation went correctly for at least some of the data. Does anybody see... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

GnuPlot - 2d-graph --> depending from size, different color

Hi, i would like to change color depending from the valuerange. a gnuplot-script will generate a multiplot and in one graph, the ranges should have different colors, e.g. 100 ... 133 --> red 200 ... 233 --> blue 300 ... 333 --> orange 400 ... 433 --> green #Partikeldata - Partikel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMPe
1 Replies

7. Programming

Draw Bar Graph for GNUPLOT

For example, I have a file called data.txt. And the content is: Iker_Casillas 181 Raphael_Varane 182 Sergio_Ramos 182May I know how to write a script for gnuplot, so I can have a bar graph as the column 1 will be the x and column 2 will be the y? And I hope that the x value can be seen clearly.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get line number in flat file

Hi, Is there a way to find out the line number from where the data starts? like if the data contains column header, irrespective of the text in the column header we should get the line number from which contains the column header. I am sorry if I haven't explained the problem clearly. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem creating graph with gnuplot with time on x-axis

Let me start by saying I'm new to gnuplot and not very good at unix at all.. Anyway, I'm each minute measuring temperature and humidity and saves the last 60 readings along with time in a textfile, values_minute. The contents of the file is formatted like this: time temperature humidity ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakro807
8 Replies
plot(4B)					   SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package File Formats 					  plot(4B)

NAME
plot - graphics interface DESCRIPTION
Files of this format are interpreted for various devices by commands described in plot(1B). A graphics file is a stream of plotting instructions. Each instruction consists of an ASCII letter usually followed by bytes of binary information. The instructions are executed in order. A point is designated by four bytes representing the x and y values; each value is a signed integer. The last designated point in an l, m, n, or p instruction becomes the ``current point'' for the next instruction. m Move: the next four bytes give a new current point. n Cont: draw a line from the current point to the point given by the next four bytes. See plot(1B). p Point: plot the point given by the next four bytes. l Line: draw a line from the point given by the next four bytes to the point given by the following four bytes. t Label: place the following ASCII string so that its first character falls on the current point. The string is terminated by a NEW- LINE. a Arc: the first four bytes give the center, the next four give the starting point, and the last four give the end point of a circular arc. The least significant coordinate of the end point is used only to determine the quadrant. The arc is drawn counter-clockwise. c Circle: the first four bytes give the center of the circle, the next two the radius. e Erase: start another frame of output. f Linemod: take the following string, up to a NEWLINE, as the style for drawing further lines. The styles are ``dotted,'' ``solid,'' ``longdashed,'' ``shortdashed,'' and ``dotdashed.'' Effective only in plot 4014 and plot ver. s Space: the next four bytes give the lower left corner of the plotting area; the following four give the upper right corner. The plot will be magnified or reduced to fit the device as closely as possible. Space settings that exactly fill the plotting area with unity scaling appear below for devices supported by the filters of plot(1B). The upper limit is just outside the plotting area. In every case the plotting area is taken to be square; points outside may be displayable on devices whose face is not square. 4014 space(0, 0, 3120, 3120); ver space(0, 0, 2048, 2048); 300, 300s space(0, 0, 4096, 4096); 450 space(0, 0, 4096, 4096); SEE ALSO
graph(1), plot(1B) SunOS 5.11 18 Feb 2003 plot(4B)