Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep options in solaris
Operating Systems Solaris grep options in solaris Post 302694349 by sudha143 on Thursday 30th of August 2012 12:11:50 PM
Old 08-30-2012
This video is not opening for me in office.

Please help on my query, I will read the usage of code tags and will post with this in my next post.

bit urgent pls.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

changing nfs options on Solaris 10

hi I changed nfs options in "/etc/auto_master": /net -hosts rw,bg,hard,nointr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,tcp,ve rs=3,timeo=600,actimeo=0 then I did automount -v svcadm restart svc:/system/filesystem/autofs svcadm restart svc:/network/nfs/server:default When doing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep options

Hi Team, I have a list of 12000 files and i am need to search for the names of the file which has long version numbers (say more than 5 decimals).. With the below instance u~15.1.4.1.2.1.5.1.5.1.24.1.24.1.5 lk-l~22.1.3.1.9.1.7.1.24.1.23 YDFVALLN.CPY~1 YEUPCASE.CPY~1 YFPRSTID.CPY~1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with grep command options in Sunsolaris

Hi Experts I need the following output from grep command of Sunsolaris on a set of input files. Output:........ 1st search string from file1 2nd search string from file1 3rd search string from file1 1st search string from file2 2nd search string from file2 3rd search string from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Single Sign on options

We are looking for implementing solaris single sign on with AD in our environment which as few hundred Solaris hosts and couple of hundred solaris zones ..IS there any third party software for the same or we can do it by just making the solaris servers as AD clients ? Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

5. Solaris

lpadmin command options on solaris 10

lpadmin configuration issues on Solaris 10 Zone. I have configured a print queue using lpadmin command to print to print file server. Source server is a Solaris Zone running Solaris 10. Destination file print server is running OS AIX 5.3. I do not get errors when issuing the lp command to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: primeaup
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Options

Hi Folks, I have one query I have a log file to which I reach to putty and I open that particular log file in vi editor and search through /pattern, Suppose I have to search <ProgramId>627857272120951075</ProgramId> Then I have to open abc.log cd /var/log/ ls -ltr vi abc.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exploring the grep options

Hi Folks, I have one query I have a log file to which I reach to putty and I open that particular log file in vi editor and search through /pattern, Suppose I have to search <ProgramId>627857272120951075</ProgramId> Then I have to open abc.log cd /var/log/ ls -ltr vi abc.log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Available design options for a cluster hosting many different virtualized Solaris versions

Good day, everyone, and thanks first off for reading my question. So, I have been Googling and reading oracle documentation for the past couple weeks, and I am just getting more and more confused as to what I need to do, and I would really appreciate some guidance or at least pointing me to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
4 Replies
CHFN(1) 							   User Commands							   CHFN(1)

NAME
chfn - change your finger information SYNOPSIS
chfn [-f full-name] [-o office] ,RB [ -p office-phone] [-h home-phone] -u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chfn is used to change your finger information. This information is stored in the /etc/passwd file, and is displayed by the finger pro- gram. The Linux finger command will display four pieces of information that can be changed by chfn: your real name, your work room and phone, and your home phone. chfn is used to change local entries only. Use ypchfn, lchfn or any other implementation for non-local entries. COMMAND LINE Any of the four pieces of information can be specified on the command line. If no information is given on the command line, chfn enters interactive mode. INTERACTIVE MODE In interactive mode, chfn will prompt for each field. At a prompt, you can enter the new information, or just press return to leave the field unchanged. Enter the keyword "none" to make the field blank. OPTIONS
-f, --full-name full-name Specify your real name. -o, --office office Specify your office room number. -p, --office-phone office-phone Specify your office phone number. -h, --home-phone home-phone Specify your home phone number. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
finger(1), passwd(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chfn command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHFN(1)