Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Fetching logs of last few days from logfile Post 302694051 by raj_saini20 on Thursday 30th of August 2012 06:01:59 AM
Old 08-30-2012
make < to <= in the awk

---------- Post updated at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamu
Hi Raj,

Its up to us how to define date variables...

We can define variables same as present in log files to match pattern....Smilie
but if month in date is in mon format in log than comparison result will be different

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to archive logs older than 5 days & then delete them?

My code is tar -cvf logs.tar `find /usr/openv/logs/512*.log -mtime +2` && find *.log* -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; this gives me output as: tar: Missing filenames:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timus1980
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete last 10 days logs

Hi Can u please tell me how to delete last 10 days logs .. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pb18798
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs access in windows fetching the data from a unix server

How I can get the logs that are getting stored in specific location in unix server through an Apache web server installed in unix server? Requirement is to access the logs through the URL in windows browser without any access. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvida
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the logs more than 5 days old

All, How to remove the logs that are more than 5 days old from a particular folder. Help will be highly appreciated. Regards Oracle User (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To delete logs older than 30 days

I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files in a directory that are older than 30 days except for 3 files: I am using the following command: find /tmp/logs -name "*.log" -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \;But this command deletes all the log files. How can i modify this script that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete logs older than 60 days

i am using HP-UX OS...... delete logs older than 60 days find -mtime +60 | grep -i '.*log' | xargs rm -mtime is nt available in HP-UX, pls tell me other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Remove file older than 90 days

I have crontab job a tar file to a directory ( tar -cvf /tmp/backup/or.`date +%m%d%y`. /ora/db/* ) , it will do it every day . Now I don't want to keep too much files , I just want to keep the file for 90 days , can advise if I want to remove the backup file which are elder than 90 days , can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust3
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs from logfile

Hi Team, Have to write a shell script to pick only 1 hr logs from the generated logfile and send it to other logfile. Thanks & Regards, Indu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira_s
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting 3 days old logs from a directory

As i am working in unix environment so i have an logs that is created by my application at the following location that is /opt/app/glac/current/servers/ops/logs inside the logs directory there are different kinds of logs(that is the file having extension as .log ) have been created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2015nks
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching timestamps from the logs.

Dear Experts, I need some help to get the time stamps from the Unix logs. Basically I am want to analyze which step is taking more time. Please give me some inputs. Thanks a lot for your help. I have got different codes for each for phase as we can see in the logs 00002 – UPDT Starting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
5 Replies
make.coverpg(1) 					       mgetty+sendfax manual						   make.coverpg(1)

NAME
make.coverpg - create a fax coverpg on stdout SYNOPSIS
make.coverpg [options] <pages> <sender-ID> <sender-NAME> <receiver-ID> <receiver-NAME> <date> <time> DESCRIPTION
make.coverpg is called from faxspool(1) to generate a cover page for the just-processed fax. It has to create a proper G3 file (e.g. via pbm2g3(1) or hp2hig3(1) or ghostscript(1)) and output that on stdout. If the program doesn't exist, or can't be executed, the fax simply won't get a coverpage (so, if you don't want a fax coverpage, do not install it...) make.coverpg can put anything it wants on the page, but note that there are certain legal requirements in certain countries about the con- tents that *have* to be on the cover page, for example, the fax phone number of the sender and the recepient, the number of pages, or simi- lar things. make.coverpg gets the informations about the fax to be sent from the command line, in the order listed above. If the environment variable normal_res is set to something non-empty, faxspool requests that make.coverpg creates a cover page in normal resolution (98 lpi). Default is fine resolution (196 lpi). NO make.coverpg program is installed by default, since everyones needs differ too wildly. Some sample coverpage programs are provided in the mgetty source tree, in the samples/ subdirectory (coverpg.pbm shows how to do it with "pbmtext|pbm2g3", coverpg.ps shows how I do it with ghostscript). In this directory, you can also find two shell scripts (fax and faxmemo) that will take advantage of one more esoteric feature of my cover- page programs: if called with the option "-m <memo-file>", the sample programs will put a text file "<memo-file>" on the cover page (used for short notes or such). To make use of it, faxspool is called with the option '-C "make.coverpg -m <memo-file>"' (the double quotes are needed!). OPTIONS
none Example A five-page fax sent from me to my second number could result in a call like this: make.coverpg 5 "+49-89-3243328" "Gert Doering" "3244814" "myself" "Sep 15 94" "22:10:00" FILES
/usr/lib/mgetty-fax/make.coverpg the program itself SEE ALSO
faxspool(1), pbm2g3(1), ghostscript(1) AUTHORS
The idea behind make.coverpg is Copyright (C) 1993 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>, the implementation will most likely have yours... greenie 27 Oct 93 make.coverpg(1)