Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configuring SMTP on Solaris to use Specific IP Post 302693661 by Enrique Suarez on Wednesday 29th of August 2012 12:17:12 PM
Old 08-29-2012
Configuring SMTP on Solaris to use Specific IP

Hi,

I have a Solaris server, This server has 4 ethernet ports, I need the SMTP service out a Specific IP of these four, What I have to do to set it up?

Regards
Enrique

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tftp configuring on Solaris 5.7

Hi, I need to setup a tftp facility on a Sun server. Can someone help me urgently, i need this to be up at the earliest. Regards, Vivek :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet in SPARCstation 5 Solaris 8

Hey. i have been trying to configure the on board Ethernet in My Sparcstation 5, i have spent a lot of time on the ifconfig man pages. but it could really be nice with some pro. help. i don't think the interface is running . i don't know what name the interface have, le0 eth0 et0, it just says no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris mail routing to Windows SMTP server (trailing dot)

Hello, Firstly, appologies, i am a windows man but i'm picking things up really quickly.! We have some Unix boxes on our estate that route mail to a Windows SMTP server. This doesn't seem to work and after looking at the message headers it looks like the mail is getting bounced. :( -----... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M2TTJ
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring Linux box with the smtp mail server

Hi all, I was trying to configure SMTP server with my linux box. I made changes to the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf whereby editing the line DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=<port number>,Addr=<mail server name>, Name=MTA')dnl after this ive created a new sendmail.cf file by using the command m4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Configuring samba in solaris x-86

I just wanted to know if I can configure samba on solaris 10 x-86. I was just wondering if the samba is in-built software gets shipped with Operating System CD. I have searched a lot on many sites and forums but still not getting any way to make it. It would be really appreciable if some can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with configuring printer on Sun Solaris

I have tried and tried again, to get an HP 4700dn laserjet printer to work on a GI Sun Solaris BOX. I have gone through and added the Printer server and IP to the Host file in the /etc folder and also added the printer ip and printer name itself. when I go to print something the printer shows up in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kane4355
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring smtp settings and then sending the mail through shell script

I have make an menu in which first option is to start and second is to stop the services echo "Please enter the appropriate choice for doing the operations" echo " 1) STOP Services 2) START Services case $choice in 1) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Need help in configuring Password Constraints for Solaris 11.3

Hello Friends I was running Solaris 11.3 x86. Below is my configuration to set password Constraints. more /etc/default/passwd MAXWEEKS=4 MINWEEKS=1 WARNWEEKS=1 PASSLENGTH=8 NAMECHECK=YES HISTORY=4 MINDIFF=3 MINALPHA=2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jebby123
4 Replies

10. Solaris

NIS/smtp services issue on Solaris 11

Hi, Few services not starting on new build Solaris 11 non-global zone. I uninstalled zone and reinstalled and still same issue, while global zone is working fine. smpt service is going into maintenance mode and /var/svc/log/network-smtp:sendmail.log shows that it tries and then dead ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)