Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk help about show all the line beside the changed line Post 302693409 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 29th of August 2012 06:59:04 AM
Old 08-29-2012
if you show a sample file, a desired output and you're getting now, we might be able to help - reading the current 'explanation' is somewhat confusing....
This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email to show only summary line

Hi everyone, can you suggest a way fro me to set something up so that i can start mail or mailx and have only the summary line of each email displayed, 24 lines (emails) per page and keep on navigating down throught the summary lines a full page at a time? My users have hundreds of emails ....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print empty line when the a field is changed

Hi all, I have this input file .. BSS01 107 Swafieh 11/06/2008 12:06:57 BSS01 111 Ramada_Hotel 12/06/2008 11:37:20 BSS01 147 Kalha_Rep 11/06/2008 19:13:39 BSS01 147 Kalha_Rep ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to show it on separate line

# echo $PATH /home/user01/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb:/dist/perl5/bin:/dist/fsf/bin:.:/usr/dt/bin:/etc/dt/tbin:/usr/openwin/bin how to show the PATH in separate line, ie: /home/user01/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin:/bin /usr/ccs/bin /usr/ucb etc...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userking
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - print old line and new changed line

hello, i have a file "TEST" and want to change the digit(s) after "=" . but i also want to print the old entry with a comment (for information). i want to use "sed", is it possible ? file: TEST = 10 # comment default value: 0 sed , with "p" , i can print the old entry, but i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show the entire line using ps

Using the vanilla ps -ef I noticed that the CMD (or command) line gets cut off after 90 characters UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 6020 3822 0 Jun 19 ? 0:01 ./webservd-wdog -r /export/opt/sows/61sp4 -d /export/opt/sows/61sp4/https-logse Googling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SixSigma1978
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

will only show every 3rd line

Hi, how will i show every 3rd line of the file. Ex. line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 line 5 line 6 line 7 Output: line 2 line 5 line 6 tyhanks ---------- Post updated at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:37 AM ---------- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print - for printing whole line, but delimeters are changed to spaces

Hi consider the source file R|field1|field2 using the print statement in awk prints it as R field1 field2 Is there an easier way to print the whole line in its original format (i.e. with | delimiters) than doing print $1"|"$2"|"$3 ?? Thanks Storms (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Storms
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to show even numbers and the line

Hello, I have an assignment that requires us to use sed only. The first part of the assignment says to use a sed script to print only the even lines, but if it is print, the number of that lines needs to be printed before the text. ex: 2 line 2 text 4 line 4 text 6 line 6 text ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevent518
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep: show only first match per line?

Hi, can I make grep stop after finding the first occurrence of a regex in a line? Given: file with various regex patterns file to be grep'ed Sadly some of the regex patterns cannot be limited any further, so grep -Eiof patterns.txt file.txt (GNU grep 2.20) will give me possibly n hits... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)