Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting write a matrix element, if the "if" condition satisfies Post 302692885 by Fredrick on Tuesday 28th of August 2012 07:49:50 AM
Old 08-28-2012
Thanks Rudi, the following code works fine.

Code:
awk '{for (i=2;i<=NF;i++) if (($i-$1)>2 && $i-$(i-1)>2) print "line ", NR, ", field ", i}' infile

How can I change the code, if i need an absolute differences?
Thanks in advance.
Warm regards

[@elixir - Thanks, Yes I need absolute differences]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

communicating wth another user aside from "wall" and "write"

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

acessing awk array element while getline < "file"

I am attempting to write a awk script that reads in a file after awk array elements are assigned and using those elements while reading in the new file. Does this make sense? /pattern/ {tst=$3} (( getline < "file" ) > 0 ) { x=x " "tst } When I print tst in the END statement it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error to "find" a matching array element in a directory

Hi, I have defined an array which holds a couple of elements which are nothing but files names. I want to find the files in a directory for the matching file name(array elements) with less than 1 day old. When I am trying to execute the code (as below), it gives an error. Your help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkbaral
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Foreach add "4" to the end of each element

I wrote the following script configuring cisco router:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Getopt::Long; use Opsware::NAS::Connect; my @IP = split(/\./,"$tc_device_ip$"); my $O3 = $IP; my($host, $port, $user, $pass) =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with "write" and "wall"

Hello, I am using VirtualBox to simulate a small network with two Linux computers, the host is Mac OS X. My problem is that I can't send "write" and "wall" messages from the host to one of those Linux computers. Here is what works: - The virtual Linux computer answers "ping" messages that have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
ZPPEQU(l)								 )								 ZPPEQU(l)

NAME
ZPPEQU - compute row and column scalings intended to equilibrate a Hermitian positive definite matrix A in packed storage and reduce its condition number (with respect to the two-norm) SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE ZPPEQU( UPLO, N, AP, S, SCOND, AMAX, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, N DOUBLE PRECISION AMAX, SCOND DOUBLE PRECISION S( * ) COMPLEX*16 AP( * ) PURPOSE
ZPPEQU computes row and column scalings intended to equilibrate a Hermitian positive definite matrix A in packed storage and reduce its condition number (with respect to the two-norm). S contains the scale factors, S(i)=1/sqrt(A(i,i)), chosen so that the scaled matrix B with elements B(i,j)=S(i)*A(i,j)*S(j) has ones on the diagonal. This choice of S puts the condition number of B within a factor N of the small- est possible condition number over all possible diagonal scalings. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored; = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. AP (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The upper or lower triangle of the Hermitian matrix A, packed columnwise in a linear array. The j-th column of A is stored in the array AP as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AP(i + (j-1)*j/2) = A(i,j) for 1<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AP(i + (j-1)*(2n-j)/2) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=n. S (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) If INFO = 0, S contains the scale factors for A. SCOND (output) DOUBLE PRECISION If INFO = 0, S contains the ratio of the smallest S(i) to the largest S(i). If SCOND >= 0.1 and AMAX is neither too large nor too small, it is not worth scaling by S. AMAX (output) DOUBLE PRECISION Absolute value of largest matrix element. If AMAX is very close to overflow or very close to underflow, the matrix should be scaled. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, the i-th diagonal element is nonpositive. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 ZPPEQU(l)