Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Login failed in Redhat Enterprise 6.2 Post 302692807 by hergp on Tuesday 28th of August 2012 06:20:00 AM
Old 08-28-2012
Again, do you login on the console OR via ssh?

If you try to login via ssh, then it's clear. root is not allowed to login via ssh by default for security reasons.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Security Standards for Redhat Enterprise 3...

Hi all, Thanks for reading and any posts. Quick question, has anyone out there got any suggestions for standards of security for Redhat enterprise 3. We are making an RAC cluster Oracle application using Oracle 9i (hopefully moving to 10g sooner rather than later). Thanks again for any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Redhat Cluster Fencing failed

Hello; I have 2 node Redhat Cluster (RHEL4 U4 and Cluster Suite) I'm using mc_data fiber channel switch for fencing when I want to fence manually using fence_mcdata -a x.x.x. -l xxx -p xxxx -n 5 -o disable following messages appears fencing node "test1" agent "fence_mcdata" reports:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakir19
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Hi All, I have to upgrade python installed on my Redhat enterprise Linux 4. I downloaded the latest python package from python website but not able to install the new package as the make command itself goes on running for more than a day. Can some help me regarding this. Is ther any method to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen H
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Redhat Enterprise version 4 RHEL4 patches

Hi, I would like to know if should i patch my system and sshd based on the version that i have here below: cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 5) ------------ uname -a: redhat kernel version and type (64-bit or not) Linux server2 2.6.9-55.ELsmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Samba smb not started on Redhat Enterprise

Hi i installed samba-client-3.0.23c-2 on Redhat Server but cat not start #service smb start. it gives error unrecognized smb I checked samba-common-3.0.23c-2 # rpm -qa |grep smb pam_smb-1.1.7-7.2.1 # rpm -qa |grep samba samba3-client-3.2.15-40.el5 Could someone help please? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Redhat 5 enterprise auto kill script

hi all do i need to add rc. prefix on the stop script all the time especially on redhat 5 enterprise? like below ln -s /etc/init.d/rc.stopdb2 /etc/rc0.d/K01rc.stopdb2 and on the /etc/rc.local, i need to add this only touch /var/lock/subsys/stopdb2 Is that going to work? thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Patch analysis tool Redhat Enterprise release 4

Hello I have been asked to provide a security patch analysis of servers in my environment. For HPUX and Solaris there are tools wich can be loaded onto the servers to do this. However I do not know of one for Redhat . At this point I must mentioned that the Redhat servers are behind a firewall... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmsmith32
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Redhat enterprise 6.2 virtulazation KVM NOT supporting more than 40GB

Hello, I have installed Red Hat 6.2 version & KVM installed, file system limited is only 40GB, how do i create more than 40 GB ( I need to install more than 100 GB file system ) Could you please me. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Inamadugu
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Not showing ifcfg eth0....redhat enterprise Linux 6.2

Hello, I'm using dell inspiron 14R laptop and I installed Redhat enterprise 6.2 on this. After successfully installation i did not found any network interface on this. when i'm trying to load/add qeth driver . The driver is not found showing this message. Bash: lsmod | grep qeth Bash:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
4 Replies

10. Fedora

Redhat Linux Enterprise edition 6.4

Hi, please can any one tell me where can i download redhat linux 6.4 for training purpose? thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies
rexecd(8c)																rexecd(8c)

Name
       rexecd - remote execution server

Syntax
       /etc/rexecd

Description
       The  command  is  the  server  for the routine.	The server provides remote execution facilities with authentication based on usernames and
       encrypted passwords.

The command is invoked by when it receives a connection on the port indicated in the ``exec'' service specification.  For further  informa-
       tion, see When a service request is received the following protocol is initiated:

1) The server reads characters from the socket up to a null (`') byte.  The resultant string is interpreted as an ASCII number, base 10.

2) If  the  number received in step 1 is non-zero, it is interpreted as the port number of a secondary stream to be used for the stderr.  A
	  second connection is then created to the specified port on the client's machine.

3) A null terminated username of at most 16 characters is retrieved on the initial socket.

4) A null terminated password of at most 16 characters is retrieved on the initial socket.

5) A null terminated command to be passed to a shell is retrieved on the initial socket.  The length of the command is limited by the upper
	  bound on the size of the system's argument list.

6) The  command	then  validates  the  user  as is done at login time and, if the authentication was successful, changes to the user's home
	  directory, and establishes the user and group protections of the user.  If any of these steps fail the  connection  is  aborted  with  a
	  diagnostic message returned.

7) A  null  byte  is  returned on the connection associated with the stderr and the command line is passed to the normal login shell of the
	  user.  The shell inherits the network connections established by

Diagnostics
       All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection associated with the stderr, after which any  network  connections  are  closed.	An
       error  is indicated by a leading byte with a value of 1 (0 is returned in step 7 above upon successful completion of all the steps prior to
       the command execution).

username too long
       The name is longer than 16 characters.

password too long
       The password is longer than 16 characters.

command too long
       The command line passed exceeds the size of the argument list (as configured into the system).

Login incorrect
       No password file entry for the username existed.

Password incorrect
       The wrong was password supplied.

No remote directory
       The command to the home directory failed.

Try again
       A fork by the server failed.

/bin/sh: ...
       The user's login shell could not be started.

Restrictions
       Indicating ``Login incorrect'' as opposed to ``Password incorrect'' is a security breach which allows people to probe a	system	for  users
       with null passwords.

See Also
       inetd(8c)

rexecd(8c)