Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: data for spreadsheet
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting data for spreadsheet Post 302692687 by RudiC on Tuesday 28th of August 2012 04:09:53 AM
Old 08-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcasey
Can the awk script be easily modified to do something like this instead?
It certainly can. But - at least for the relational DBs that I know - if the data go into one table, you would need a foreign key in there to reference the server/lun the data belong to. Thus you could use the script as is to populate the DB. If it goes to different tables, you might be able to use your original files.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in Spreadsheet::WriteExcelXML

I want to know that will Spreadsheet::WriteExcelXML coding will work in unix with perl and shell scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting HTML data into a spreadsheet

Hi, I have a perl script that prints some data in the form of a table (HTML table) Now, I want to be able to convert this data into a report on an Excel sheet. How can I do this? Regards, Garric (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
4 Replies

3. AIX

Trying to send an excel spreadsheet.

I may have posted in the wrong section, either way I need some help. And I have to modify this part of the script, I'm not sure what to change the content-type to for this to work, or what else I would need to change here: # This script sends Email acoording to command line arguments. #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to send an excel spreadsheet.

And I have to modify this part of the script, I'm not sure what to change the content-type to for this to work, or what else I would need to change here: # This script sends Email acoording to command line arguments. # $1 - file to be attached (full path with name) # $2 - file name as it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming files based on data in a spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet in a folder that looks like this: Sector1...Sector2...Sector3...Sector4...Sector5...Sector6...Sector7 SomeID....Title.......SomeID...SomeID....SomeID...SomeID....SomeID OtherID...MyTitle....SomeID...SomeID....SomeID...SomeID....SomeID... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Spreadsheet on Perl in UNIX

Very new to UNIX, so still getting used to all this. I made a Perl script where I want to create a spreadsheet file when extracting "data" from a text file. Now, this works perfectly fine on my Windows OS since I'm using the Win32 libraries with Microsoft Excel, but when I want to try it out on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't locate Spreadsheet/ParseExcel

Hi I can't seem to figure out why i keep getting this error. the Spreadsheet::PhaseExcel is installed on 3 servers and is working on only 2... the last one it is installed exactly the same way but I keep getting this error. This is whats odd. If i run this script as a normal user i get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies
DROP 
TABLE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLE(7) NAME
DROP TABLE - remove a table SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLE removes tables from the database. Only its owner can drop a table. To empty a table of rows without destroying the table, use DELETE [delete(7)] or TRUNCATE [truncate(7)]. DROP TABLE always removes any indexes, rules, triggers, and constraints that exist for the target table. However, to drop a table that is referenced by a view or a foreign-key constraint of another table, CASCADE must be specified. (CASCADE will remove a dependent view entirely, but in the foreign-key case it will only remove the foreign-key constraint, not the other table entirely.) PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the table does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to drop. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the table (such as views). RESTRICT Refuse to drop the table if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To destroy two tables, films and distributors: DROP TABLE films, distributors; COMPATIBILITY
This command conforms to the SQL standard, except that the standard only allows one table to be dropped per command, and apart from the IF EXISTS option, which is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
ALTER TABLE [alter_table(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLE(7)