Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compare 2 files and return unique lines in each file (based on condition) Post 302691831 by pravin27 on Sunday 26th of August 2012 01:09:08 AM
Old 08-26-2012
Could ths help you ?

Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[NR]=$0;b[NR]=$4;next}
{if($4-b[FNR] > 100 || $4-b[FNR] < -100){ print a[FNR]; print $0}}' file1 file2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 files and return the unique lines in first file

Hi, I have 2 files file1 ******** 01-05-09|java.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 08-01-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** file2 ******** 01-02-09|windows.xls| 02-05-08|c.txt| 01-05-09|java.xls| 08-02-09|perl.txt| 01-01-09|oracle.txt| ******** (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files & get only few columns based on a condition related to both files?

Hiiiii friends I have 2 files which contains huge data & few lines of it are as shown below File1: b.dat(which has 21 columns) SSR 1976 8 12 13 10 44.00 39.0700 70.7800 7.0 0 0.00 0 2.78 0.00 0.00 0 0.00 2.78 0 NULL ISC 1976 8 12 22 32 37.39 36.2942 70.7338... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of 2 files based on condition defined in a different file

I have a control file which tells me which are the fields in the files I need to compare and based on the values I need to print the exact value if key =Y and output is Y , or if output is Y/N then I need to print only Y if it matches or N if it does not match and if output =N , then skip the feild... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoawk
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files and print unique lines

Hi friends, I have multiple files. For now, let's say I have two of the following style cat 1.txt cat 2.txt output.txt Please note that my files are not sorted and in the output file I need another extra column that says the file from which it is coming. I have more than 100... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and extract the data which is not present in other file with condition

I have 2 files whose data's are as follows : fileA 00 lieferungen 00 attractiop 01 done 02 forness 03 rasp 04 alwaysisng 04 funny 05 done1 fileB alwayssng dkhf fdgdfg dfgdg sdjkgkdfjg funny rasp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajniman
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting lines based on condition and copy to another file

hi i have an input file that contains some thing like this aaa acc aa abc1 1232 aaa abc2.... poo awq aa abc1 aaa aaa abc2 bbb bcc bb abc1 3214 bbb abc3.... bab bbc bz abc1 3214 bbb abc3.... vvv ssa as abc1 o09 aaa abc4.... azx aaq aa abc1 900 aqq abc19.... aaa aa aaaa abc1 899 aa... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines based on a condition for a group of files

hi i have a set of similar files. i want to delete lines until certain pattern appears in those files. for a single file the following command can be used but i want to do it for all the files at a time since the number is in thousands. awk '/PATTERN/{i++}i' file (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, identify common records and combine unique values into one file

Good morning all, I have a problem that is one step beyond a standard awk compare. I would like to compare three files which have several thousand records against a fourth file. All of them have a value in each row that is identical, and one value in each of those rows which may be duplicated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nashton
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines from file based on condition

I want to keep last 2 days data from a file and want to delete others data from the file. Please help me. Sample Input # cat messages-2 Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 kernel: imklog 4.6.2, log source = /proc/kmsg started. Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 rsyslogd: (re)start Apr 16 19:42:03 test1 kernel:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies
comm(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   comm(1)

NAME
comm - select or reject lines common to two sorted files SYNOPSIS
file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
comm reads file1 and file2, which should be ordered in increasing collating sequence (see sort(1) and Environment Variables below), and produces a three-column output: Column 1: Lines that appear only in file1, Column 2: Lines that appear only in file2, Column 3: Lines that appear in both files. If is used for file1 or file2, the standard input is used. Options 1, 2, or 3 suppress printing of the corresponding column. Thus prints only the lines common to the two files; prints only lines in the first file but not in the second; does nothing useful. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the collating sequence expects from the input files. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of ``C'' (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to ``C''. See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
The following examples assume that and have been ordered in the collating sequence defined by the or environment variable. Print all lines common to and (in other words, print column 3): Print all lines that appear in but not in (in other words, print column 1): Print all lines that appear in but not in (in other words, print column 2): SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), sdiff(1), sort(1), uniq(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
comm(1)