Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Open-source projects to learn concurrency-managed network programming in Unix? Post 302691601 by figaro on Saturday 25th of August 2012 04:40:18 AM
Old 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaoOfPhil
I am about 1/3 the way through APUE and am hooked. [...] I plan to continue on to the Steven's network programming volumes. I am of course coding up my own exercises as I go through the material.
Sounds like you are on the right track to become a proficient programmer that no employer would easily turn down. Regarding your question, I trust you have also checked sourceforge? Chances are you will stumble upon one that is dormant or mildly active that you can work on and add to your portfolio.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Want To Learn Network Programming

I want to learn Network Programming with C,but I don't know how to start. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubin330
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to learn UNIX and shell Programming

Guys, What do you think is the best way to learn UNIX and shell scripting? ** I keep on searching tutorials online, where I loose most of my time :( Let me know the way you learnt the UNIX concepts, your replies might help me learn more. Thanks a ton:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies
LVREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVREMOVE(8)

NAME
lvremove - remove a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvremove [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-f|--force] [-h|-?|--help] [--noudevsync] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [Logi- calVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvremove removes one or more logical volumes. Confirmation will be requested before deactivating any active logical volume prior to removal. Logical volumes cannot be deactivated or removed while they are open (e.g. if they contain a mounted filesystem). Removing an origin logical volume will also remove all dependent snapshots. If the logical volume is clustered then it must be deactivated on all nodes in the cluster before it can be removed. A single lvchange com- mand issued from one node can do this. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Remove active logical volumes without confirmation. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. EXAMPLES
Remove the active logical volume lvol1 in volume group vg00 without asking for confirmation: lvremove -f vg00/lvol1 Remove all logical volumes in volume group vg00: lvremove vg00 SEE ALSO
lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8), lvchange(8), lvm(8), lvs(8), lvscan(8), vgremove(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.67(2) (2010-06-04) LVREMOVE(8)