Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Place the contents of a .CSV file to an array Post 302690865 by ajayakunuri on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 12:54:01 PM
Old 08-23-2012
Place the contents of a .CSV file to an array

Hi,
I am trying to place the contents of a .CSV file to an array, but not sure how to do that.

Here is my .CSV file content:
Code:
App,SLA,Job name,Avg start time,Avg run time,Frequency,Downstream apps
XYZ,,ABC14345,3:00 AM,00.04.00,Daily,STAMP
XYZ,9:00,ABC12345,3:15 AM,00.05.00,Daily,STAMP

Here's my code that I am trying:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
conf=Jobs_template_track3.csv
Appl=""
st_dt=""
end_dt=""
status=""
job_start_date=""
job_start_time=""
echo "\nAPPLICATION |SLA |Start_Time|Avg Start time| End_Time|Total_Runtime|Status"
echo "----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
i=1;
exec<$conf
while read job
do
 if [[ "$i" -eq 1 ]]
 then
  ((i+=1))
  continue;
 fi
        set -A Arr $job
        appl=${Arr[0]}
        if [ -z "$appl" ]
        then 
         continue;
        fi
        avg_st_time=${Arr[3]}
SLA=${Arr[1]}
job1=${Arr[2]}
echo $job1
#job2=${Arr[2]}

This is not the complete code, but got stuck in the first thing, placing the contents in an array. Please let me know on how to place the contents.

Thanks
Ajay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I assign the contents of file into an array?

I am trying to assign the contents of file e.g ls "$HOME" into an array. If it is possible then please guide me without using the concept of awk,sed, and perl16 Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare array contents with file

I have an array "arrA" with the following contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf My data file "Files.dat" has the same contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf I have a script that compares... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for converting file contents into CSV

Hi, I am new in unix, I just want to replace some values from text file according to column numbers. Like, I am having a table as given below: val1 val2 val3 val4 val5 val6 val7 val8 val9 val10 val11 val12 val13 Now i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rish_max
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most reliable way to store file contents in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which has numbers in it separated by newlines as follows: 1.113 1.456 0.556 0.021 -0.541 -0.444 I am using the following code to store these in an array in bash: FILE14=data.txt ARRAY14=(`awk '{print}' $FILE14`) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing csv file contents to file of rows

i have a file a.txt contents as 1,2,3,4,......etc...in a single line, i want to write to another file in rows as 1 2 3 4 5 can u help? i do not know the length of a.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravfraz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store table contents in csv file

I need to write a script to store the contents of a table in a csv file I'm using Toad, it's a Oracle database. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using array credentials to read contents of a file

Hi, I am trying to read the contents of a file using array credentials in unix. The file I am trying to read is tab separated and contains the below contents. # partnerid Direc Server Port Source_Dir Target_Dir Mask Remove Files Passwordless Compare Files ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aartikara
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write array contents to file

Hi, I have a bash script that currently holds some data. I am trying to write all the contents to a file called temp.txt. I am using echo ${array} > temp.txt The problem that I am experiencing is that the elements are being written horizontally in the file. I want them written... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filter500
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying To Write File Contents To Specfic .csv Cell

Hi, I'm attempting to write the entire contents of a file to a specific .csv cell. So far have only a nawk one liner that will write a value into a specific .csv cell. Trying to use man page but can't seem to get any farther. Any help would be appreciated. nawk -v r=2 -v c=3 -v val=5 -F,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to place specific contents filename within text file

I am trying to use awk to place the contens of a filename in $1 and $2 followed by the data in the text file. Basically, put the filename within the text file. There are over 1000 files in the directory and as of now each file is saved with a unique name but it is not within the file. Thank you... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
slags2.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slags2.f(3)

NAME
slags2.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slags2 (UPPER, A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, CSU, SNU, CSV, SNV, CSQ, SNQ) SLAGS2 Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slags2 (logicalUPPER, realA1, realA2, realA3, realB1, realB2, realB3, realCSU, realSNU, realCSV, realSNV, realCSQ, realSNQ) SLAGS2 Purpose: SLAGS2 computes 2-by-2 orthogonal matrices U, V and Q, such that if ( UPPER ) then U**T *A*Q = U**T *( A1 A2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 A3 ) ( x x ) and V**T*B*Q = V**T *( B1 B2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 B3 ) ( x x ) or if ( .NOT.UPPER ) then U**T *A*Q = U**T *( A1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( A2 A3 ) ( 0 x ) and V**T*B*Q = V**T*( B1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( B2 B3 ) ( 0 x ) The rows of the transformed A and B are parallel, where U = ( CSU SNU ), V = ( CSV SNV ), Q = ( CSQ SNQ ) ( -SNU CSU ) ( -SNV CSV ) ( -SNQ CSQ ) Z**T denotes the transpose of Z. Parameters: UPPER UPPER is LOGICAL = .TRUE.: the input matrices A and B are upper triangular. = .FALSE.: the input matrices A and B are lower triangular. A1 A1 is REAL A2 A2 is REAL A3 A3 is REAL On entry, A1, A2 and A3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix A. B1 B1 is REAL B2 B2 is REAL B3 B3 is REAL On entry, B1, B2 and B3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix B. CSU CSU is REAL SNU SNU is REAL The desired orthogonal matrix U. CSV CSV is REAL SNV SNV is REAL The desired orthogonal matrix V. CSQ CSQ is REAL SNQ SNQ is REAL The desired orthogonal matrix Q. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 152 of file slags2.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 slags2.f(3)