Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error Message in function causing failure..... Post 302690823 by Corona688 on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 11:53:02 AM
Old 08-23-2012
For echo's that don't have the \c option, the printf builtin ought to work the same in nearly any shell:
Code:
printf "%s" "Choose option 1-3 now : "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Explorer causing syslog error

Hi there, I have upgraded my explorer (SUNWexplo) on a solaris 10 Sparc box from version 3.4 to the latest version (5.5) . However im a little concerned, whenever I run the new explorer either manually or scheduled, I get a syslog event as follows 1 in 0:08:31: Sep 22 17:00:15 fmy.machine.com... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Memory error causing reboot

Hi there I have a box that at 4pm started recieving soft errors on a DIMM, normally this is ok and we have time to swap it out. But I got the following error which caused the box to reboot NOTE: there were abount 6 or 7 normal "soft error encountered" messages before this one Nov 7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function not found message

I have shell script as below: #!/bin/ksh #set -xv function set_variable { VARIABLE_NAME=$1 CURRENT_PATH=`pwd` if ; then echo "\nconfiguration_file.lst file not found in $CURRENT_PATH/common/common_scripts" exit 1; fi VARIABLE_COUNT=`cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: findprakash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendMail Function Failure

Hi All, Background: We use SendMail function (given below) to send emails to users. The email address are obtained as ouptut of a stored procedure in sybase. We have defined a SendMail function as below in a .pm file and it is used in a .pl script. Code Snippet: sub SendMail { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get failure notice message when email is not sent.

I am using mailx command to send emails from the Unix command prompt. Whenever email is not sent it is not giving me any message "Email not sent" or failure delivery notice for the wrong email addresses. When I give correct email address I am able to receive them correctly. Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: szc0025
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spaced input causing awk error

Hi all, Just want to say thanks for the great forum you have here, the old topics and posts have helped tremendously. So much so that I have managed to figure a lot out just by researching. However, I'm having a small issue that I simply can't find the answer to. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyte_rhyno
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function accepting list of strings and error message

I have a variable strLst containing a list of strings. I want to create a function that takes the list and an error message. If the number of strings is 0 or greater than 1, I print the error message. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe causing last command error to not function

Hi I am quite new to scripting and cannot work out how to do the following - I want to pipe to a log file and then use the "last statement error" in an if statement after, and this doesn't work because it checks the pipe statement instead of the script. Example: executteTheScript $var |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erjorgito
4 Replies
RCSFREEZE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RCSFREEZE(1)

NAME
rcsfreeze - freeze a configuration of sources checked in under RCS SYNOPSIS
rcsfreeze [name] DESCRIPTION
rcsfreeze assigns a symbolic revision number to a set of RCS files that form a valid configuration. The idea is to run rcsfreeze each time a new version is checked in. A unique symbolic name (C_number, where number is increased each time rcsfreeze is run) is then assigned to the most recent revision of each RCS file of the main trunk. An optional name argument to rcsfreeze gives a symbolic name to the configuration. The unique identifier is still generated and is listed in the log file but it will not appear as part of the symbolic revision name in the actual RCS files. A log message is requested from the user for future reference. The shell script works only on all RCS files at one time. All changed files must be checked in already. Run rcsclean(1) first and see whether any sources remain in the current directory. FILES
RCS/.rcsfreeze.ver version number RCS/.rcsfreeze.log log messages, most recent first AUTHOR
Stephan v. Bechtolsheim SEE ALSO
co(1), rcs(1), rcsclean(1), rlog(1) BUGS
rcsfreeze does not check whether any sources are checked out and modified. Although both source file names and RCS file names are accepted, they are not paired as usual with RCS commands. Error checking is rudimentary. rcsfreeze is just an optional example shell script, and should not be taken too seriously. See CVS for a more complete solution. GNU
23:37:10Z RCSFREEZE(1)