Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl Post 302690787 by parthmittal2007 on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 11:18:53 AM
Old 08-23-2012
Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl

Hi All
I am able to connect my oracle database with Perl and able to execute the queries.
There is one schema names master19 which contains 50 table.

I want to take backup of each table in and store at a given directory location in Perl

For example suppose if a table student is present in master19 schema the Perl should take the back up of the table student in form of insert queries and store it in a given directory with file name student.sql
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ===
Its not any home work or assignment I am reducing my effort, Normally i do take the back up manually, Now I thought that i should try with Perl, This is new (database stuff) so i posted for some help.
I am equally searching and doing hand zone as well. So i request not to close this thread again

---------- Post updated at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:17 AM ----------

I refereed this website
Hot Backup Of Oracle Database With perl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with oracle backup script

I have written a script to perfrom a cold backup on an oracle database. The script is failing everytime. Can anyone tell me what (stupid) error I am making. The output from the uname command follows Linux rayora 2.2.14-6.1.1smp #1 SMP Thu Apr 13 19:55:55 EDT 2000 i686 unknown The error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to incrementally backup data & use most recent data

Hey, dunno if the title really explains this well; basically my problem is (and this is on a router which is why the flash issue)... I have some data I want to store (it's really irelevant, i'm just counting the lines per file, basically a simple counter). I could store this data in flash but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepsi_max2k
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get data from 3 differrnt oracle DB & then compare data

Hi All, I have a requirement to write a shell script for the following... we have 3 different database.... lets say A, B, C From these 3 DBs, i need to get data.. all have 3 different table...a,b, c A.a => Emp_code, count(*) B.b => emp_code, count(*) C.c => emp_code, copunt(*) Once get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed in Oracle DB backup script.

I have a script like this .. #!/bin/ksh database=$(echo $@ | sed 's/.*-S \(*\).*/\1/') instance=$(grep "$database" /var/opt/oracle/oratab | awk -F : '{print $1}') command=$(echo $@ | sed 's/"$database"/"$instance"/') echo $command when I tried to execute the script like this ... ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cold backup oracle and Restore to new db

Hello All, I am very new to Linux i have assignment to take offline backup in linux and restore it to new database oracle 10g? Help me out any script of it and steps i will be very thankful Regards, Sameer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer_123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl

Hi All I am able to connect my oracle database with Perl and able to execute the queries. There is one schema names master19 which contains 50 table. I want to take backup of each table in and store at a given directory location in Perl For example suppose if a table student is present in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need perl script on cold backup in Oracle 10 g

Hi , I am new to Perl script.Can u please provide me perl scripts for the following: 1. Perl script on Cold backup in Oracle 10g 2.Perl script on Hot backup in Oracle 10g (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niharika Srivas
0 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI - "parser" for DBI handles SYNOPSIS
use DBI; use SQL::Translator; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dsn', 'user', 'pass', { RaiseError => 1, FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc', } ); my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', dbh => $dbh, ); Or: use SQL::Translator; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', parser_args => { dsn => 'dbi:mysql:FOO', db_user => 'guest', db_password => 'password', } ); DESCRIPTION
This parser accepts an open database handle (or the arguments to create one) and queries the database directly for the information. The following are acceptable arguments: o dbh An open DBI database handle. NB: Be sure to create the database with the "FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc'" option as all the DBI parsers expect lowercased column names. o dsn The DSN to use for connecting to a database. o db_user The user name to use for connecting to a database. o db_password The password to use for connecting to a database. There is no need to specify which type of database you are querying as this is determined automatically by inspecting $dbh->{'Driver'}{'Name'}. If a parser exists for your database, it will be used automatically; if not, the code will fail automatically (and you can write the parser and contribute it to the project!). Currently parsers exist for the following databases: o MySQL o SQLite o Sybase o PostgreSQL (still experimental) Most of these parsers are able to query the database directly for the structure rather than parsing a text file. For large schemas, this is probably orders of magnitude faster than traditional parsing (which uses Parse::RecDescent, an amazing module but really quite slow). Though no Oracle parser currently exists, it would be fairly easy to query an Oracle database directly by using DDL::Oracle to generate a DDL for the schema and then using the normal Oracle parser on this. Perhaps future versions of SQL::Translator will include the ability to query Oracle directly and skip the parsing of a text file, too. AUTHOR
Ken Y. Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
DBI, SQL::Translator. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-01 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)