Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automation using python
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automation using python Post 302690767 by Corona688 on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 11:01:43 AM
Old 08-23-2012
The reason you have to use a third-party brute-forcing utility to kludge stored plaintext passwords into ssh is because stored passwords are such a bad idea, ssh is actually designed to prevent you from using them. So are most other login systems.

If you used ssh as it was intended, with ssh keys, your job would be much simpler.

Code:
NAME=`ssh username@host uname`

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in automation...

Hi All, I need to run the same command on many servers. I am using ssh for the same. Following is the script that I am using to fire the same command on multiple machines. #!/bin/bash # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login #SERVERS="iqmevrick,iqmango" # SSH User name USR="root" #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in automation

Hi, I wanted to automate the scp command where i do not want to enter the password each time. So thought of using expect command. Script is executing without any issues but files are not copied to remote server. Can any one help me? Below is my shell script.. #!/bin/ksh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

suggest a python module for automation..

Im planning to automate my testcases. Please suggest me a python module that will ease my automation scripting. General steps involved in the testcase execution: (all steps below are done in linux machine) 1) start the application under test (AUT) 2) connect to oracle/ms sql db and update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

4. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linking Automation

Hi, How to link the files automatically in linux on daily basis ? For example : I have file abc.20130911.txt ln -s source/ abc.20130911.txt dest/abc.20130911.txt But in my machine files will be generate with date time stamp every day, without manual linking every day is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp Automation

Hi, I have a requirement to automate SCP command. I have to write the scp command in server1 to copy file from server2 and paste it in server3. I will be passing server2 and server3 as variables. Pls suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

9. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M) 														   ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)