Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl Post 302690733 by parthmittal2007 on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 10:05:51 AM
Old 08-23-2012
Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl

Hi All
I am able to connect my oracle database with Perl and able to execute the queries.
There is one schema names master19 which contains 50 table.

I want to take backup of each table in and store at a given directory location in Perl

For example suppose if a table student is present in master19 schema the Perl should take the back up of the table student in form of insert queries and store it in a given directory with file name student.sql

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with oracle backup script

I have written a script to perfrom a cold backup on an oracle database. The script is failing everytime. Can anyone tell me what (stupid) error I am making. The output from the uname command follows Linux rayora 2.2.14-6.1.1smp #1 SMP Thu Apr 13 19:55:55 EDT 2000 i686 unknown The error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to incrementally backup data & use most recent data

Hey, dunno if the title really explains this well; basically my problem is (and this is on a router which is why the flash issue)... I have some data I want to store (it's really irelevant, i'm just counting the lines per file, basically a simple counter). I could store this data in flash but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepsi_max2k
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get data from 3 differrnt oracle DB & then compare data

Hi All, I have a requirement to write a shell script for the following... we have 3 different database.... lets say A, B, C From these 3 DBs, i need to get data.. all have 3 different table...a,b, c A.a => Emp_code, count(*) B.b => emp_code, count(*) C.c => emp_code, copunt(*) Once get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed in Oracle DB backup script.

I have a script like this .. #!/bin/ksh database=$(echo $@ | sed 's/.*-S \(*\).*/\1/') instance=$(grep "$database" /var/opt/oracle/oratab | awk -F : '{print $1}') command=$(echo $@ | sed 's/"$database"/"$instance"/') echo $command when I tried to execute the script like this ... ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cold backup oracle and Restore to new db

Hello All, I am very new to Linux i have assignment to take offline backup in linux and restore it to new database oracle 10g? Help me out any script of it and steps i will be very thankful Regards, Sameer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer_123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl

Hi All I am able to connect my oracle database with Perl and able to execute the queries. There is one schema names master19 which contains 50 table. I want to take backup of each table in and store at a given directory location in Perl For example suppose if a table student is present in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need perl script on cold backup in Oracle 10 g

Hi , I am new to Perl script.Can u please provide me perl scripts for the following: 1. Perl script on Cold backup in Oracle 10g 2.Perl script on Hot backup in Oracle 10g (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niharika Srivas
0 Replies
DBICADMIN(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DBICADMIN(1)

NAME
dbicadmin - utility for administrating DBIx::Class schemata SYNOPSIS
dbicadmin: [-I] [long options...] deploy a schema to a database dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --deploy update an existing record dbicadmin --schema=MyApp::Schema --class=Employee --connect='["dbi:SQLite:my.db", "", ""]' --op=update --set='{ "name": "New_Employee" }' OPTIONS
Actions --create Create version diffs needs preversion --upgrade Upgrade the database to the current schema --install Install the schema version tables to an existing database --deploy Deploy the schema to the database --select Select data from the schema --insert Insert data into the schema --update Update data in the schema --delete Delete data from the schema --op compatiblity option all of the above can be suppied as --op=<action> --help display this help Arguments --config-file or --config Supply the config file for parsing by Config::Any --connect-info Supply the connect info as trailing options e.g. --connect-info dsn=<dsn> user=<user> password=<pass> --connect Supply the connect info as a JSON-encoded structure, e.g. an --connect=["dsn","user","pass"] --schema-class The class of the schema to load --config-stanza Where in the config to find the connection_info, supply in form MyApp::Model::DB --resultset or --resultset-class or --class The resultset to operate on for data manipulation --sql-dir The directory where sql diffs will be created --sql-type The RDBMs flavour you wish to use --version Supply a version install --preversion The previous version to diff against --set JSON data used to perform data operations --attrs JSON string to be used for the second argument for search --where JSON string to be used for the where clause of search --force Be forceful with some operations --trace Turn on DBIx::Class trace output --quiet Be less verbose -I Same as perl's -I, prepended to current @INC AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself perl v5.16.2 2012-10-18 DBICADMIN(1)