Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not getting Lun Id
Operating Systems AIX Not getting Lun Id Post 302690215 by kah00na on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 03:47:12 PM
Old 08-22-2012
For Hitachi DASD, the LUN ID can be obtained like this:
Code:
lscfg -vpl hdisk15 | grep "Device Specific.(Z1)" | cut -c37-40

The LUN port the disk is assigned through can be obtained like this:
Code:
lscfg -vpl hdisk15 | grep "Device Specific.(Z1)" | cut -c42-43

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LUN mapping

Hi, We recently purchased a 3 tb RAID. In the setup, it created 2 slices, one 2 tb and one 1 tb slice. Right now only the 2 tb slice is visible when booting up. I was told that the second slice needs to be mapped to a lun and a port like the first slice is. Does anyone know how I would go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user23
1 Replies

2. Solaris

LUN not ready

hey guys i got this in my logs what does this mean: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbn
1 Replies

3. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to get WWNN of the LUN in HP-UX

Good day! I’m a beginner HP-UX administrator. I have a task to create mulitipassing (I can mistake in this word) to new 3 disks which connected to my server from EVA. It is my first task to work with Secure Path. I have read what command I need to execute, but I don’t know, how to get the WWNN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Delphin911
2 Replies

5. AIX

Expand LUN

Hello all, I have the following env: * DS4300 storage SAN * AIX 5.3 Lpar (storage through vio server) * AIX 5.3 Server Some FS are too small do I'm setting up a process to increase the size of the FS. To expand the size of the FS I plan to do the following for the physical AIX server,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Detect the lun

Hi, Is there command to detect the newly added LUN is linux box. I tried with below commands, but that doesn't work out. fdisk -l, fdisk -l | grep Disk pvscan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

LUN Presentation

Hi, I have presented a LUN from my EVA 4400 to a RHEL server. The server sees 4 paths to the LUN which I can see from fdisk. If I want to add this LUN to my OS i.e. # fdisk /dev/sd??? ....which actual device do I run fdisk against? I am running multipath so is there... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
12 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Reuse a LUN

I have a LUN (From HP-Storage VA7110) that is claimed on 2 servers, but is in used in one of the VG on Server-1 . Now I want to shut Server-1 and re-use that LUN on server-2 . Server-1 Path-1 : /dev/rdsk/c4t0d1 Path-2: /dev/rdsk/c6t0d1 Server-2 Path-1: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d1 Path-2:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which disk is LUN?

how do I know which hdisk from "lsdev -Cc disk" is my LUN on NetApp after zoning from SAN switch? is it "MPIO other FC SCSI Disk Drive"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malayo
1 Replies

10. AIX

Resize Lun

Good afternoon! Help with a solution I have AIX 7.1 works through vios I expanded Lun that it is necessary to make that aix saw this change and to expand the section lvm Sorry for my English (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iformats
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)