Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File system full, swap
Operating Systems Solaris File system full, swap Post 302689769 by little2712 on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 04:10:27 AM
Old 08-22-2012
you have to add some additional swap space by 2 method--

1)either adding some file
2)adding some slice

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file system full

When I try to log in as root I get the following message realloccg /: file system full sendmail :NO Queue:low on space (have 0,SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue) What should I do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hopeless
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Full File System

Hi All, There was a background process running on a Solaris 2.8 machine, and appeared to have filled all available disk-space. I done a killall, and upon re-booting found that the file system had filled up, and will not boot as normal as a result. For example, I'm getting /usr/adm/messages: No... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
8 Replies

3. Solaris

/tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded

Can you help. My server sunning solaris 9 on x86 platform pretty much hung for a few hours... I could not use telnet or ssh to the box - it kept refusing connection. A few hours later - I was able to log in again. The server has not rebooted but here are the first errors in the messages log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
5 Replies

4. Solaris

file system full

I am receving following Error message in /var/adm/messages "NOTICE: alloc: /: file system full" Disk space usage is as beklow: df -k $ Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 76678257 56962561 18948914 76% / /proc ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
8 Replies

5. Solaris

swap space in veritas file system

hi every one , i know how to add swap space in ufs file system. but i m facing problem in veritas file system . i wants to know how will i create swap or add new swap space in existing swap space . Note: disk under veritas volume manager control . please help me to solve this issue . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samy123
5 Replies

6. Solaris

file system full

hello Even though I am not out of inodes or of space, the /var/adm/messages shows messages: file system full I am doing now fcsk -m (400G) and I am still waiting to see the fragmentation results (should I add another option to df to have a faster output?) Do you have any other hints... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap file system

This questions only concerns Solaris 10. Let's say I have swap configured like so in /etc/vfstab: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s1 - - swap - no - /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s1 - - swap - no - /dev/md/dsk/d1 - - swap - no - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

File system full, but not really.

Hey all, What do you think mostly happened in the following situation? I have a Red Hat 5.5 server. Someone, somehow, managed to get two .nfs000.... type files that totaled over a terabyte in size. I removed them and thought things were back to normal. Then I started getting complains from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geelsu
2 Replies

9. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies
utmpx(4)							   File Formats 							  utmpx(4)

NAME
utmpx, wtmpx - utmpx and wtmpx database entry formats SYNOPSIS
#include <utmpx.h> /var/adm/utmpx /var/adm/wtmpx DESCRIPTION
The utmpx and wtmpx files are extended database files that have superseded the obsolete utmp and wtmp database files. The utmpx database contains user access and accounting information for commands such as who(1), write(1), and login(1). The wtmpx database contains the history of user access and accounting information for the utmpx database. USAGE
Applications should not access these databases directly, but should use the functions described on the getutxent(3C) manual page to inter- act with the utmpx and wtmpx databases to ensure that they are maintained consistently. FILES
/var/adm/utmpx user access and adminstration information /var/adm/wtmpx history of user access and adminstrative information SEE ALSO
getutxent(3C), wait(3C)wait.h(3HEAD) SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 1999 utmpx(4)