Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to remove invariant characters Post 302689635 by ljk on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 09:27:37 PM
Old 08-21-2012
Thanks for the reply, I tried that code and it duplicated every site on each line, so the output is 56024 sites (I was off by 2 before when I wrote 28014).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove control characters

Hi, When I do a man and save it into a file, I end up getting a lot of control characters. How can I remove them?? I tried this: /1,$ s/^H//g But I get an error saying "no previous regular expression". Can someone help me with this. Thanks, Aravind (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravind_mg
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove Characters before '~'

Hi, I am having a file which contains records as follows: DETAIL_KEY~12344|ACTIVE_PASSIVE~Y|AVG_SIZE_OF_RESPONSE~123123131 DETAIL_KEY~12344|ACTIVE_PASSIVE~Y|AVG_SIZE_OF_RESPONSE~123123131 DETAIL_KEY~12344|ACTIVE_PASSIVE~Y|AVG_SIZE_OF_RESPONSE~123123131... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove characters

hi i have a file with these strings: 123_abc_X1116990 how to get rid of 123_abc_ and keep only X1116990? I have columns of these: 123_abc_X1134640 123_dfg_X1100237 123_tyu_X1103112 123_tyui_X1116990 thx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove characters from file name

Here is my code. for file in *1.3.html ; do mv "$file" `echo $file | tr '.1.3' ''` ; done For some reason I am getting an error. mv: file.idlesince.1.3.html and file.idlesince.1.3.html are identical Could this be done a different way? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Remove Special Characters

Dear Members, We have a file which contains some special characters. I need to replace these special character by a new line character(\n). The Special character is \x85. I am not sure what this character means and how we can remove it. Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove whitespaces in the n first characters?

I assume removing whitespaces in the n first characters of a string would be an easy task for sed? If so, how? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidCactus
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I remove ^M characters with VI

I have a file with all kinds of ^M at the end of each line. How the heck can these be removed? I tried a global search and replace, but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HmmBerger
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first 2 characters and last two characters of each line

here's what im trying to do. i have a file containing lines similar to this: data.txt: 1hsRmRsbHRiSFZNTTA1dlEyMWFkbU5wUW5CSlIyeDFTVU5SYjJOSFRuWmpia0ZuWXpKV2FHTnRU 1lKUnpWMldrZFZaMG95V25oYQpSelEyWTBka2QyRklhSHBrUjA1b1kwUkJkd3BOVXpWM1lVaG5k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)							    XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)

NAME
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder -- A Drag and Drop function that reorders a stack of widgets that are registered drop sites SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/DragDrop.h> void XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder( Widget widget, Widget sibling, Cardinal stack_mode); DESCRIPTION
XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder changes the stacking order of the drop site specified by widget. The stacking order controls the manner in which drag-under effects are clipped by overlapping siblings, regardless of whether they are active. The stack mode is relative either to the entire stack, or to another drop site within the stack. The stack order can be modified only if the drop sites are siblings in both the widget and drop site hierarchy, and the widget parent of the drop sites is registered as a composite drop site. widget Specifies the drop site to be restacked. sibling Specifies a sibling drop site for stacking operations. If specified, then widget is restacked relative to this drop site's stack position. stack_mode Specifies the new stack position for the specified widget. The values are XmABOVE and XmBELOW. If a sibling is specified, then widget is restacked as follows: XmABOVE The widget is placed just above the sibling. XmBELOW The widget is placed just below the sibling. If the sibling parameter is not specified, then widget is restacked as follows: XmABOVE The widget is placed at the top of the stack. XmBELOW The widget is placed at the bottom of the stack. For a complete definition of DropSite and its associated resources, see XmDropSite(3). RELATED
XmDropSite(3), XmDropSiteRetrieve(3), and XmDropSiteQueryStackingOrder(3). XmDropSiteConfigureStackingOrder(library call)