Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: micro film scanner
Operating Systems Linux micro film scanner Post 302689617 by methyl on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 07:29:57 PM
Old 08-21-2012
How old is this "ms500"?

The Canon Microfilm Scanner 500 appears to be a free-standing display unit to which you attach peripherals (like a printer).
Download Canon Microfilm Scanner 500 Instructions Manual

Please clarify what device you have and what service you expect the device to provide?

Can you post a link to the manual for your device?

It would be interesting to know where you found a 50-pin SCSI connector on a PC unless it happens to be a very old one with an Adaptec SCSI board or something similar? Are you sure that this port is not just a Centronics parallel printer port ?

Please post anything useful which might help identify this device.

Last but not least. What is the Project? Is purchasing other hardware an option? Are you trying to re-process old microfilm or what?

Quote:
I'm using pclinuxos
Hmm. Please post the output from this command at the Shell prompt (blotting anything confidential like machine names with X's):
Code:
uname -a

Last edited by methyl; 08-21-2012 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: change microfiche to microfilm

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

IP Scanner tool

Hey guys.. What is the best tool that can be used on Linux for IP scanning tool that can bring ping status, hostname, and any other open service. I wish I can find a tool like "The Dude" from Mikrotik, but that works only under Windows. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Can Scanner be Initialized from the Terminal

Hi, somewhat of a newbie with Linux, although I have been at it for about three weeks now. Is there a way to wake up or initialize my scanner with a command in the terminal? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klrman
6 Replies

3. Hardware

Epson Scanner

Running Debian 8.5 on a Dell Laptop I have an Epson V39 scanner. Simple scan cannot detect it. Here is what I have: root@server1:/home/server1# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the # result is different from what you expected, first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
2 Replies
ULPT(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   ULPT(4)

NAME
ulpt -- USB printer support SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ulpt Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ulpt_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers that follow the printer bi- or uni-directional protocol. The bits in the minor number select various features of the driver. Minor Bit Function 64 Do not initialize (reset) the device on the port. Some printers cannot handle the reset on open; in case of problems try the unlpt device. HARDWARE
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers and parallel printer conversion cables, including the following: o ATen parallel printer adapter o Belkin F5U002 parallel printer adapter o Canon BJ F850, S600 o Canon LBP-1310, 350 o Entrega USB-to-parallel printer adapter o Hewlett-Packard HP Deskjet 3420 (P/N: C8947A #ABJ) o Oki Data MICROLINE ML660PS o Seiko Epson PM-900C, 880C, 820C, 730C FILES
/dev/ulpt? device with reset /dev/unlpt? device without reset SEE ALSO
lpt(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ulpt driver appeared in NetBSD 1.4. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD