Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linking .so into C program
Top Forums Programming Linking .so into C program Post 302689417 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 10:27:55 AM
Old 08-21-2012
put the file in a publicly accessible directory (usually the directory tree associated with the product install), unless you are the only one running the code. Let's call it mylib.so and assume you put it in $HOME.

Code:
cc myprog.c  -L $HOME -o myprog

This is probably oversimplified a little but you can see just what you need.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. Programming

Linking with gcc

Forgive as I am new to the gcc compiler and to linux. I am trying to compile/link a program for the first time and am receiving an error complaining about the crtbegin.o file. I use the -v option and get the following: Using built-in specs. Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeauchamp
1 Replies

3. Programming

dynamic linking

Hi, Could any one tell me solution for this. i have a library in my /usr/lib and latest in /myhome/lib/ (thay differ functionality symbols my application uses symbols from latest lib). when compile and link my application , every thing goes fine but when running the application ld... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

4. Solaris

linking in solaris9

at the end of the compilation in solaris 9. it is showing link error. like..... ld: fatal: library -lgthread-2.0 not found failed to create the binary the library is in /usr/lib and in /usr/local/lib the lib file is present --->libgthread.2.0.so ......etc if i remove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajithit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query in linking

Hey guys, i have written the folowing grep command to find an ip address from various files and now i have to find the reverse DNS for it. I wanted to do it via nslookup or host does someone have any clue about how to do it? what i tried was grep -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snake450
2 Replies

6. AIX

linking problem

hello, Is the code compiled under Visual Age C++ Broker (a third party library) - can be used to link against a code compiled from gcc compiler. I have a problem in building xerces in AIX Please reply. Regards, Parthasarathy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Parthasarathy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is linking possible?

how would i link 2 files together? is it the same as copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

8. Solaris

g++ linking problem...

I use Solaris 10, compiling with a custom g++ (3.4.6) and GNU binutils (2.17). Things have gone well on two different systems, but when I tried moving to a third, it all fell over. Basically, it is now using the CC linker, but I need to use options not available to it. I believe I have found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

9. Programming

Problems while linking Fortran program (-> undefined reference to...)

Hello, we are a group of students (mechanical engineering) who are trying to port UNIX-software to a PC Linux system during a study project. The first goals were achieved: compiling the Fortran code and creating object files. However, we encounter errors during the linking process. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dynamo
0 Replies

10. Programming

C program multiple definition error during linking time

Hi, I have the following files: // file.hvoid foo(); int i = 5; // should be just declared as extern int i; // file1.c#include <stdio.h> #include "file.h" void foo() { i = 10; printf("%d\n", i); } // file2.c#include <stdio.h> #include "file.h" int main() { foo(); (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
9 Replies
GLPROGRAMPARAMETER(3G)						  [FIXME: manual]					    GLPROGRAMPARAMETER(3G)

NAME
glProgramParameter - specify a parameter for a program object C SPECIFICATION
void glProgramParameteri(GLuint program, GLenum pname, GLint value); PARAMETERS
program Specifies the name of a program object whose parameter to modify. pname Specifies the name of the parameter to modify. value Specifies the new value of the parameter specified by pname for program. DESCRIPTION
glProgramParameter specifies a new value for the parameter nameed by pname for the program object program. If pname is GL_PROGRAM_BINARY_RETRIEVABLE_HINT, value should be GL_FALSE or GL_TRUE to indicate to the implementation the intention of the application to retrieve the program's binary representation with glGetProgramBinary(). The implementation may use this information to store information that may be useful for a future query of the program's binary. It is recommended to set GL_PROGRAM_BINARY_RETRIEVABLE_HINT for the program to GL_TRUE before calling glLinkProgram(), and using the program at run-time if the binary is to be retrieved later. If pname is GL_PROGRAM_SEPARABLE, value must be GL_TRUE or GL_FALSE and indicates whether program can be bound to individual pipeline stages via glUseProgramStages(). A program's GL_PROGRAM_SEPARABLE parameter must be set to GL_TRUE before glLinkProgram() is called in order for it to be usable with a program pipeline object. The initial state of GL_PROGRAM_SEPARABLE is GL_FALSE. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if program is not the name of an existing program object. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if pname is not one of the accepted values. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if value is not a valid value for the parameter named by pname. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGetProgram(). SEE ALSO
glGetProgram(), glGetProgramBinary(), glProgramBinary() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLPROGRAMPARAMETER(3G)