Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Logic - Copying the same files by 2 Linux scripts to same directory Post 302689403 by dsfreddie on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 09:45:41 AM
Old 08-21-2012
Hi Methyl,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the code component which copies the 2 files from one directory to another based on 2 date ranges,

The file *_ABC_CUST_GS_NON_TRAN_CHANGE_INDEX_DLY* is copied to the same directory by 2 different scripts.

Also, can you pls let me know in-case of any coding/syntax/standards errors.

Quote:
if [[ $dynbusdate -gt $prevbusdate ]]; then
echo " Step 1.1 ---> DynamicFile exists & P_BUS_DATE in DynamicDateFile is greater than the P_BUS_DATE of the previous run "
echo "P_BUS_DATE=$dynbusdate">$COMMON_SCRIPTS/CallCPMGPERDynamicParam.env
ls -l $CDPH_DELTA_ARCHIVE/*_ABC_CUST_GS_NON_TRAN_CHANGE_INDEX_DLY*| grep $dynbusdate | awk '{print $9}' > $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_chg_indx.txt
ls -l $CDPH_DELTA_ARCHIVE/*_ABC_CUST_GS_NON_TRAN_PER_PROF_DLY*| grep $dynbusdate | awk '{print $9}' > $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_gs.txt
while [ $dynbusdate -gt $dynsubdate ]
do
dynbusdate=`date -d "$dynbusdate 1 day ago" "+%Y%m%d"`
ls -l $CDPH_DELTA_ARCHIVE/*_ABC_CUST_GS_NON_TRAN_CHANGE_INDEX_DLY*| grep $dynbusdate | awk '{print $9}' >> $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_chg_indx.txt
ls -l $CDPH_DELTA_ARCHIVE/*_ABC_CUST_GS_NON_TRAN_PER_PROF_DLY*| grep $dynbusdate | awk '{print $9}' >> $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_gs.txt
done
#################################################################################################### #####################################
#Check whether the dates in the goldstandard.txt & change_index.txt matches, if it doesnt match, the flow will not proceed, else continue
#################################################################################################### #####################################
sed 's|.*/\([0-9]\{8\}\).*|\1|' $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_chg_indx.txt |paste -sd',' - > $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_chg_indx.done
sed 's|.*/\([0-9]\{8\}\).*|\1|' $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_gs.txt |paste -sd',' - > $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_gs.done
tr , \\n < $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_gs.done| sort > $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_gs.done_tmp
tr , \\n < $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_chg_indx.done | sort > $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_chg_indx.done_tmp
cmp -s $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_gs.done_tmp $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_chg_indx.done_tmp

file_cmp_chk=$?
if [[ file_cmp_chk -eq 0 ]]; then
for name in `cat $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_chg_indx.txt`
do
cp $name $COMMON_INBOX
echo $name;
done
for name in `cat $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_gs.txt`
do
cp $name $COMMON_INBOX
echo $name;
done
rm -f $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_gs.done_tmp $COMMON_TMP/abc_nt_per_chg_indx.done_tmp
Thanks Much
Freddie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from one directory to Other

Hi UNIX Gurus, Could please help me out regarding following situation. I am copying some files from one directory to other directotry using following command. cp /var/tmp/*date*.gz /var/tmp/user/ Problem: Once the copy has completed, I need to check whether all the files (including... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishkeshetty
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying multiple files with "If Then Else" logic

I need some suggestions on how to write the code to copy multiple files rather than duplicating the code multiple times. Example: I have four files that need to go throught this logic in the same way. Do I have to duplicate this chunk of code four times or can I built the logic in the same set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with cron: copying all files in a directory to another...

Here's what I have thus far: cp -r /home/mydom/public_html/products/Widget/ /home/mydom/public_html/ This works fine but suppose the folder in public_html has a different name (Main_Widget). The cron above needs to copy the files within the folder (Widget) instead of the folder itself. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashleyquick
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from one directory into another.

Could someone please tell me if there is a command similar to head or tail that can be used on directories. I want to select a given number of files from a directory and copy them into another directory. But I found out I can't use head as it doesn't (or I don't know how yet!) work on directories.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krush187
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to a directory

Hi I have a few questions. I am trying to copy a file to a directory. I need to copy files that do not end in numbers, for example, into a directory. This is what I tried so far. cp filename directorytowhereIwannacopy but it says it can't copy to a directory. I need to copy many files into one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: #moveon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a directory and copying files to it

Hi all, wondering if someone would be able to help with a little query I have. I currently have a script which copies everything in a specific directory to a number of other directories depending on a variable. The problem I have is the destination directories vary (in and incoming directories)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in copying multiple files from th directory

Hey Guys, I have directory with thousands of files, I need to copy only march data. can any one please Help.......... Thanks, Uttam N (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttamnsd
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to a directory

Hi, I am newbie to unix scripting, need a help in the doubt i have. It is " when files are copied to a directory using cp command, they are arranged by default according to the file name, is there anyway where the files that are copied be arranged with respect to their size, with using the sort... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pundalik
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying xml files to a chosen directory

I want to determine if there's any xml files exist & if so copy each xml to that directory. Is my code correct for doing that? I can't test my script yet. Somebody please explain it to me please? if ]; then #print "No Status type XML files received from server in $DIRECTORY" else for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emc^24sho
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from parent directory only

Hello, Please can someone assist on a issue I am having. I want to find specific files in the parent directory only that have been modified over the last 2 days and copy them to another location. NOTE: The version of AIX I am using does not have MAXDEPTH. I have currently written the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
3 Replies
GET-IAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							GET-IAB(1)

NAME
get-iab - Fetch the arp-scan IAB file from the IEEE website SYNOPSIS
get-iab [options] DESCRIPTION
get-iab fetches the Ethernet IAB file from the IEEE website, and saves it in the format used by arp-scan. The IAB file contains all of the IABs (Individual Address Blocks) that have been registered with IEEE. Each IAB entry in the file speci- fies the first 36-bits of the 48-bit Ethernet hardware address, leaving the remaining 12-bits for use by the registering organisation. For example the IAB entry "0050C2003", registered to Microsoft, applies to any Ethernet hardware address from 00:50:c2:00:30:00 to 00:50:c2:00:3f:ff inclusive. Each IAB assignment represents a total of 2^12 (4,096) Ethernet addresses. Major Ethernet hardware vendors typically use an OUI registration rather than an IAB registration. See get-oui(1) for details. This script can be used to update the arp-scan IAB file from the latest data on the IEEE website. It is relatively rare to see Ethernet addresses from IAB registrations, so the IAB file is not as important as the OUI file. The IAB data is fetched from the URL http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/iab.txt and the output file is saved to the file ieee-iab.txt in the current directory. The URL to fetch the data from can be changed with the -u option, and the output file name can be changed with the -f option. The ieee-iab.txt file that is produced by this script is used by arp-scan to determine the Ethernet card vendor from its hardware address. The directory that arp-scan will look for the ieee-iab.txt file depends on the options used when it was built. If it was built using the default options, then it will look in /usr/local/share/arp-scan. OPTIONS
-h Display a brief usage message and exit. -f <fn> Write the output to the specified file instead of the default ieee-iab.txt. -u <URL> Use the specified URL to fetch the raw IAB data from instead of the default http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/iab.txt -v Display verbose progress messages. FILES
ieee-iab.txt The default output file. EXAMPLES
$ get-iab -v Renaming ieee-iab.txt to ieee-iab.txt.bak Fetching IAB data from http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/iab.txt Fetched 230786 bytes Opening output file ieee-iab.txt 1535 IAB entries written to file ieee-iab.txt NOTES
get-iab is implemented in Perl, so you need to have the Perl interpreter installed on your system to use it. get-iab uses the LWP::Simple Perl module to fetch the data from the IEEE website. You must have this module installed on your system for it to work. This module is available on most distributions, often called libwww-perl. It is also available in source form from CPAN. You can use a proxy server by defining the http_proxy environment variable. AUTHOR
Roy Hills <Roy.Hills@nta-monitor.com> SEE ALSO
arp-scan(1) get-oui(1) arp-fingerprint(1) http://www.nta-monitor.com/wiki/ The arp-scan wiki page. March 30, 2007 GET-IAB(1)