Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk-using group function
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk-using group function Post 302689365 by Ygor on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 07:43:33 AM
Old 08-21-2012
Try...
Code:
$ cat file1
Col1|col2|Account|Bal1|Bal2
1|2|1|10|5
1|2|2|10|2
1|3|3|10|3

$ awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="|"}
    NR>1{
      i = $1 FS $2
      a[i]++
      b[i]+=$(NF-1)
      c[i]+=$NF
    }
    END{
      for(i in a)
        print "SUM", i, a[i], b[i], c[i] | "sort"
    }' file1 > file2

$ cat file2
SUM|1|2|2|20|7
SUM|1|3|1|10|3

$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute to GROUP BY function

Hi All, I really need a help on this thing. Most of us are aware about the group by function in Oracle. Do we have a substitute ( not necessarily a single line command) to it in Unix? Let me put it this way. I have a file whose content is like file1-: ID1,ID2,ID3,ID4,ID5 1,2,3,123,5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku11
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help required to group output and print a part of group line and original line

Hi, Need awk help to group and print lines to format the output as shown below INPUT FORMAT set echo on set heading on set spool on /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T1; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T2; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T3; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T4; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T5;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-Group count of field

Hi, Suppose if i am having a file with following records as given below. 5555 6756 5555 4555 4555 6767 how can i get the count of each record using AWK. Eg:5555 count should be 2 4555 count should be 2 6767 count should be 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinivt
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk group by

Hi I have a file in this format: ... 04/May/2009 16 04/May/2009 1 05/May/2009 3 05/May/2009 5 06/May/2009 1 06/May/2009 3 ... I need to sum for every day, What is the best way? Thanks all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutti
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group by using awk

Hi All, I have a file in the following format... ***************************************************** 11/10/27 12:09 : Input Record 11/10/27 12:10 : Input Record 11/10/27 12:10 : Input Record 11/10/27 12:10 : Input Record 11/10/27 12:10 : Input Record 11/10/27 12:10 : Input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - how do i get the last row of a group

How do i print the last record of a group in a file ? For example, I have a file like this : cat txt cucm1,location1,1,2,3 cucm2,location1,3,4,5 cucm1,location1,10,20,30 cucm2,location2,30,40,50 I am expecting a command that would print the last record of the group. For example, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
2 Replies

8. Programming

Sql ORA-00937: not a single-group group function

I'm trying to return only one row with the highest value for PCT_MAX_USED. Any suggestions? When I add this code, I get the ORA-00937 error. trunc(max(decode( kbytes_max, 0, 0, (kbytes_alloc/kbytes_max)*100))) pct_max_used This is the original and returns all rows. select (select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Group and search using awk

file: Data has to be grouped on 1st field; And in each group, print 2nd field IF 1st field doesn't match with any of the values in 2nd field.. o/p to be: I ended up writing as below, any help ?? awk -F, '!($1 in a){a++;}END{for (i in a)print i}' file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
3 Replies
CAT(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAT(1)

NAME
cat -- concatenate and print files SYNOPSIS
cat [-beflnstuv] [-] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The cat utility reads files sequentially, writing them to the standard output. The file operands are processed in command line order. A single dash represents the standard input, and may appear multiple times in the file list. The word ``concatenate'' is just a verbose synonym for ``catenate''. The options are as follows: -b Implies the -n option but doesn't number blank lines. -e Implies the -v option, and displays a dollar sign ('$') at the end of each line as well. -f Only attempt to display regular files. -l Set an exclusive advisory lock on the standard output file descriptor. This lock is set using fcntl(2) with the F_SETLKW command. If the output file is already locked, cat will block until the lock is acquired. -n Number the output lines, starting at 1. -s Squeeze multiple adjacent empty lines, causing the output to be single spaced. -t Implies the -v option, and displays tab characters as '^I' as well. -u The -u option guarantees that the output is unbuffered. -v Displays non-printing characters so they are visible. Control characters print as '^X' for control-X; the delete character (octal 0177) prints as '^?'. Non-ascii characters (with the high bit set) are printed as 'M-' (for meta) followed by the character for the low 7 bits. EXIT STATUS
The cat utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The command: cat file1 will print the contents of file1 to the standard output. The command: cat file1 file2 > file3 will sequentially print the contents of file1 and file2 to the file file3, truncating file3 if it already exists. See the manual page for your shell (i.e., sh(1)) for more information on redirection. The command: cat file1 - file2 - file3 will print the contents of file1, print data it receives from the standard input until it receives an EOF ('^D') character, print the con- tents of file2, read and output contents of the standard input again, then finally output the contents of file3. Note that if the standard input referred to a file, the second dash on the command-line would have no effect, since the entire contents of the file would have already been read and printed by cat when it encountered the first '-' operand. SEE ALSO
head(1), hexdump(1), lpr(1), more(1), pr(1), tail(1), view(1), vis(1), fcntl(2) Rob Pike, "UNIX Style, or cat -v Considered Harmful", USENIX Summer Conference Proceedings, 1983. STANDARDS
The cat utility is expected to conform to the IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2'') specification. The flags [-belnstv] are extensions to the specification. HISTORY
A cat utility appeared in Version 1 AT&T UNIX. Dennis Ritchie designed and wrote the first man page. It appears to have been cat(1). BUGS
Because of the shell language mechanism used to perform output redirection, the command ``cat file1 file2 > file1'' will cause the original data in file1 to be destroyed! This is performed by the shell before cat is run. BSD
September 23, 2006 BSD