Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need to get the time difference for all the transactions in a day Post 302689175 by samjna on Monday 20th of August 2012 11:11:06 PM
Old 08-21-2012
Agama, I am getting syntax error for this. Please check.

Quote:
awk: syntax error near line 2
awk: illegal statement near line 2
awk: syntax error near line 3
awk: illegal statement near line 3

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference in day-hours-minutes-seconds format

Hi experts, I am reading two log files and passing dates as output to a txt file. Code is given below: echo "Start Time:" >> Report.txt cat start.log | while read LINE1 do echo $DATE1 >> Report.txt done echo "End Time:" >> Report.txt cat end.log | while read LINE2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to seperate my data by time of day

Hi, I'm a newbie to unix. I have a txt file with my data, a list of events. Each event comes with a unix time. I want to seperate a months worth of events into those that occur during the day, and those at night. I have no clue how to go about this, please can someone push me in the right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

value of variable based on time of the day

i would need some help in setting the value of a variable (TIME_NOW) depending on the time of the day ...e.g. if today's date is 12th April 2009 and if the current time is between midnight and 16:59:59 hrs then the TIME_NOW should be yesterday's date i.e. TIME_NOW=11 else if the current time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainravi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to? Every day, same time... script...

I manage to find and proces one script, now i need to automate this script for every day at the same time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: voltaza
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Day difference between 2 dates

Hello! I need to calculate number of days between two dates. The first date is in format of string. The second one is in format of date (current date): #!/usr/bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/software/oracle/PROD10gR2 cd /etc/ORACLE/WALLETS/oracle export EXP_DATE=`. $ORACLE_HOME/bin/orapki cert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

7. AIX

Time of Day Question

I have a question i need clarification. We had a problem on a p520 system and had to pull the battery on the service processor card. That did the trick and system booted. We forgot to set the time in the service processor before booting. Once AIX was booted we changed the date and time there. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryan0911
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference between two time stamps

Hi Friends, I have 2 varaibles which contain START=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` END=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` i want the time difference between the two variables in Seconds. Plz help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get day of week from epoch time

Need assistance . Below code gives me the date but I wanted output as day of the week (wday) . Code: use Time::Local; my $time=timelocal(1,2,3,9,11,2013); $theTime = localtime($time); print "$theTime\n"; Result: Mon Dec 9 03:02:01 2013 Wanted output as only Mon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies
difftime(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      difftime(3C)

NAME
difftime - computes the difference between two calendar times SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> double difftime(time_t time1, time_t time0); DESCRIPTION
The difftime() function computes the difference between two calendar times. RETURN VALUES
The difftime() functions returns the difference (time1-time0) expressed in seconds as a double. USAGE
The difftime() function is provided because there are no general arithmetic properties defined for type time_t. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ctime(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Jul 2002 difftime(3C)