Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: micro film scanner
Operating Systems Linux micro film scanner Post 302689053 by tom1200 on Monday 20th of August 2012 05:42:06 PM
Old 08-20-2012
correction

Sorry, It's a Canon ms500, old 50 pin scsi. Don't have much info on it. I tried to contact canon they won't reply. The drivers for windows seem to be incomplete there are no inf files in the archive so I wrote asking if they could verify if its a corrupt archive. It lists compatibility for 95,98,nt but lists no drivers for them its all in a jumbled up mess of a file. So I tried it under linux, its seen as sg2, and dmesg says its spuriously trying to access hardware. The device panel in pclinuxos list's the machine name , interface and arch. I tried v4lin to see if I could capture it as a stream it won't, tried sane as a scanner it dosen't understand it. tried gimp for imaging, I'm not sure how microfilm is input as to its capture, seems like it should be a stream its just a pushed projection right ?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

IP Scanner tool

Hey guys.. What is the best tool that can be used on Linux for IP scanning tool that can bring ping status, hostname, and any other open service. I wish I can find a tool like "The Dude" from Mikrotik, but that works only under Windows. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Can Scanner be Initialized from the Terminal

Hi, somewhat of a newbie with Linux, although I have been at it for about three weeks now. Is there a way to wake up or initialize my scanner with a command in the terminal? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klrman
6 Replies

3. Hardware

Epson Scanner

Running Debian 8.5 on a Dell Laptop I have an Epson V39 scanner. Simple scan cannot detect it. Here is what I have: root@server1:/home/server1# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the # result is different from what you expected, first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
2 Replies