Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mapping a data in a file and delete line in source file if data does not exist. Post 302688957 by vgersh99 on Monday 20th of August 2012 02:19:50 PM
Old 08-20-2012
the usual paradigm...
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR{m[$4];next} $4 in m' mappingFile sourceFile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data in 2 files and delete if file exist

Hi there, I have written a script called "compare" (see below) to make comparison between 2 files namely test_put.log and Output_A0.log #!/bin/ksh while read file do found="no" while read line do echo $line | grep $file > /dev/null if then echo $file found found="yes" break fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete record in file data with index in another file?

I want to deal with several data, i.e., data.*.txt with following structure MSG|20010102|123 125 4562 409|SEND MSG|20010102|120 230|SEND MSG|20010102|120 204 5071|SEND MSG|20010103|2 11 1098 9810|SEND ...... index file index.txt is 11 201 298 100 ...... What I want to do is: 1)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhynxn
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Post Shell programming: Question about source a file and read data from the file

This is shell programming assignment. It needs to create a file called .std_dbrc contains STD_DBROOT=${HOME}/class/2031/Assgn3/STD_DB (which includes all my simple database files) and I am gonna use this .std_dbrc in my script file (read the data from the database files) like this: .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccwq
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line in file based on data in another file

Hi there I would like to create a shell script to do the following: - delete a line in file1 if it contains the data string in file2 eg: file1 1 100109942004051510601703694 0.00 0.00 2 100109942004051510601702326 0.00 0.00 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: earth_goddess
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines line by match data 2 file.

i need to delete the lines is match from file data 1 & data 2 please help? data 1 4825307 4825308 4825248 4825309 4825310 4825311 4825336 data 2 4825248 0100362210 Time4Meal 39.00 41.73 MO & MT MT SMS 4825305 0100367565... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in adding a data after a particular line of data in a file.

Hi.. I'm into a bump after trying to solve this prob.. i've a file with contents like below. <blankline> 'pgmId' : 'UNIX', 'pgmData' : 'textfile', 'author' : 'admin', ....... Now i'm trying to insert a new data after pgmId. so the final output will be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect output to a different text file depending source of data

I have a list of DNS servers I need to look up information on. Each of these servers has a master and a slave database. Essentially what I need to do is create two text files for each server. One with the Master view and one with the Slave view. There's 20 servers, in the end I should have 40 text... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartan22
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed delete a line from csv file based on specific data in two separate fields

Hello, :wall: I have a 12 column csv file. I wish to delete the entire line if column 7 = hello and column 12 = goodbye. I have tried everything that I can find in all of my ref books. I know this does not work /^*,*,*,*,*,*,"hello",*,*,*,*,"goodbye"/d Any ideas? Thanks Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Eagleson
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting data in a raw file by using another mapping file

Hi All, i have a requirement where i need to format the input RAW file ( which is CSV) by using another mapping file(also CSV file). basically i am getting feed file with dynamic headers by using mapping file (in that target field is mapped with source filed) i have to convert the raw file into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi4informatic
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the source definition file with data file

Hi How to compare the source definition file in unix with the data file . Please can you share me example if some one has done it before (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj4fusion
3 Replies
usual(3itk)							     [incr Tk]							       usual(3itk)

NAME
usual - access default option-handling commands for a mega-widget component SYNOPSIS
usual ?tag? ?commands? DESCRIPTION
The usual command is used outside of an [incr Tcl] class definition to define the usual set of option-handling commands for a component widget. Option-handling commands are used when a component is registered with the Archetype base class via the "itk_component add" method. They specify how the component's configuration options should be integrated into the composite option list for the mega-widget. Options can be kept, renamed, or ignored, as described in the Archetype man page. It is tedious to include the same declarations again and again whenever components are added. The usual command allows a standard code fragment to be registered for each widget class, which is used by default to handle the options. All of the standard Tk widgets have usual declarations defined in the [incr Tk] library. Similar usual declarations should be created whenever a new mega-widget class is conceived. Only the most-generic options should be included in the usual declaration. The tag name is usually the name of a widget class, which starts with a capital letter; however, any string registered here can be used later with the usual command described on the Archetype man page. If the commands argument is specified, it is associated with the tag string, and can be accessed later via itk_component add. If only the tag argument is specified, this command looks for an existing tag name and returns the commands associated with it. If there are no commands associated with tag, this command returns the null string. If no arguments are specified, this command returns a list of all tag names previously registered. EXAMPLE
Following is the usual declaration for the standard Tk button widget: itk::usual Button { keep -background -cursor -foreground -font keep -activebackground -activeforeground -disabledforeground keep -highlightcolor -highlightthickness rename -highlightbackground -background background Background } Only the options that would be common to all buttons in a single mega- widget are kept or renamed. Options like "-text" that would be unique to a particular button are ignored. KEYWORDS
itk, Archetype, component, mega-widget itk 3.0 usual(3itk)