Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to convert this script in command line? Post 302688835 by fbs777 on Monday 20th of August 2012 11:02:16 AM
Old 08-20-2012
how to convert this script in command line?

im trying to use this shellscript in one command line, but isnt working.

shellscript:
Code:
	SERVER=ftp.site.com
	USER=Foo
	PASSW=3122

ftp -v -n $SERVER <<END_OF_SESSION
	user $USER $PASSW
	$FILETYPE
	lcd /home/foo/mywebsite
	mput *
	mput *.*
	bye
	END_OF_SESSION

Im trying a lot of commands like this below, but none works...
Code:
# server=ftp.site.com && user=Foo && passw=3122 && ftp -v -n $server << $(echo -e  "EOT\nuser $user $passw\nascii\n$FILETYPE\nlcd /home/foo/mywebsite\nmput *\nmput *.*\nbye\nEOT\n")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

here-doc convert 2 script convert to single script?

I have my main script calling another script to retrive a "ls -alt" of a directory that's located in a remote location I'm sftping into. main.sh #!/bin/ksh getLS.sh > output.txt getLS.sh #!/bin/sh /home<..>/sftp <host@ip> <<! cd /some/dir/Log ls -alt quit ! Basically I'd like to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script command line option driven script

could someone show me a sample command line option driven script? i want to see an easy way to write one and how i can execute it using command line options such as typing in read.pl -i <id> -c <cmds> -s <start> -e <end> would read out all the commands run by ID . from start time to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line util to convert mm to inches etc?

There must be a command line utility to convert metric -> us, mm to inches etc, but I don't remember seeing it. Any suggestions? Anything in the repositories? Thx. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koodawg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command executes on the command line but not from script

Hello guys, I have the following commands : Command 1: sudo find "../bundlepool" -name "merchandising2.html" -print0 |xargs -0 -I {} cp "rebranding/merchandising2.html" {} Command 2: find "../bundlepool" -name "merchandising2.html" -exec cp rebranding/merchandising2.html {} \; Command 3: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihabo01
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert fields on each line to one line

Hello, I have a text file with the following fields: RecordNumber Name Email Date Notes Confirmed MailingList The problem is that each field is on a separate line. These seven fields repeat for the length of the file. What I want to do is to have a bash script or similar unitil EOF... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert single line output to multiple line

Hi all, I have a single line output like below echo $ips 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 want to convert above single line output as below format. Pls advice how to do ? 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 Regards Kannan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat line convert upper line

HI Guys, My Input :- R3 AV44 50 0 100 100 100 R3 AV44 1 0 100 100 100 R3 AV45 50 0 100 100 100 R3 AV45 0 3 100 100 100 R3 AV45S 50 0 100 100 100 R3 AV45S 0 4 100 100 100 Output :- R3 AV44 50 0 100 100 100 1 0 100 100 100 R3 AV45 50 0 100 100 100 0 3 100 100 100 R3 AV45S 50 0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
9 Replies
MAKEDEV.LOCAL(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  MAKEDEV.LOCAL(8)

NAME
MAKEDEV.local -- create site-specific device special files SYNOPSIS
MAKEDEV.local [-fMsu] [-m mknod] [-p pax] [-t mtree] {all | site-specific-argument} [...] DESCRIPTION
MAKEDEV.local is used to create site-specific device special files. Each argument may be the word all or a site-specific argument. By default, there are no valid site-specific arguments, and the all argument has no effect; This may be changed by editing the script. The script is in /dev/MAKEDEV.local. Devices are created in the current working directory; in normal use, MAKEDEV.local should be invoked with /dev as the current working directory. Supported options for MAKEDEV.local are the same as for MAKEDEV(8). FILES
/dev special device files directory /dev/MAKEDEV script that invokes MAKEDEV.local with the all argument. /dev/MAKEDEV.local script described in this man page SEE ALSO
config(1), intro(4), MAKEDEV(8), mknod(8) HISTORY
The MAKEDEV.local command appeared in 4.2BSD. Handling of the same command line options as MAKEDEV(8), and the use of MAKEDEV(8) as a func- tion library, was added in NetBSD 5.0. NOTES
The relationship between MAKEDEV.local and MAKEDEV(8) is complex: o If MAKEDEV(8) is invoked with the all or local argument, then it will invoke MAKEDEV.local as a child process, with options similar to those that were originally passed to MAKEDEV(8), and with the all argument. o MAKEDEV.local uses shell functions defined in MAKEDEV(8). This is done by loading MAKEDEV(8) using the shell ``.'' command, with the MAKEDEV_AS_LIBRARY variable set (to inform MAKEDEV(8) that it should behave as a function library, not as an independent program). BSD
August 6, 2011 BSD