Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting directories resulted from Find in one file Post 302688161 by elixir_sinari on Saturday 18th of August 2012 04:52:33 AM
Old 08-18-2012
Like this?:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
exec 2>/dev/null
rm new_user.lst
find /tmp/a -type f -name user.lst|while read i
do
 if [[ $i == "/tmp/a/aa/user.lst" || $i == "/tmp/a/ab/user.lst" ]]
 then
  pathfound=${i%/*}
  sed 's:$: '"$pathfound"':' "$i" >> new_user.lst
 fi
done

Alternatively, you could try (if only 2 directories need to be looked at for the file):
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
rm -f new_user.lst
files='/tmp/a/aa/user.lst /tmp/a/ab/user.lst'
for i in $files
do
 if [[ -r $i && ! -d $i ]]
 then
  pathfound=${i%/*}
  sed 's:$: '"$pathfound"':' "$i" >> new_user.lst
 fi
done

I'm assuming that you are running the script from /tmp/b so that the PWD inherited by the sub-process is /tmp/b.

Last edited by elixir_sinari; 08-18-2012 at 07:03 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

to find a file in set of directories

Hi, what is the command in unix to find a file abc.c in a directory which had n number of sub-directories. thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a file in sub-directories.. o/p just the path

Hello All, I am somehow stumped with this ting. 'Find' will sure show me.. but I want only thepath of all the occurences of the file in any of the sub-dirs.. Any help will be sincerely appreciated. thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find directories

I am looking a script which will find garbase directories (10 char. long)..which need to delete empty dir excluding symlink and system directories. I tried this partial script but it just find directories create a file which contains link directories..can somebody help me to complete this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddk2oo5
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find directories that do NOT contain a certain file extension

for x in `find /vmfs/volumes/v01tstn01a01/ -type d`; do find $x -name '*.vmx' > /dev/null || echo $x; done; The goal of this is to find the subdirectories that do NOT contain a file with the extension of .vmx Any help would be great! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodnov
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Directories That Do Not Contain A Certain File

I'm having problems figuring out the process to find directories that DO NOT contain a certain file. I have a mp3 collection that all the album art is name "folder.jpg". Not all the albums have images. I need a way to find the albums/directories that do not contain "folder.jpg". I can find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subsonic
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the recent file in many sub-directories?

Hi guys, Under my root directory there are many sub-directories which contains log file for every day of running. How can I find , in one command only, the recent log file in each sub-directory? For example, If I run the following: find . -name "exp_prod_*_*_yes_*_.log" -exec ls -ltr {} \;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find 777 permisson is there or not for Directories and sub-directories

Hi All, I am Oracle Apps Tech guy, I have a requirement to find 777 permission is there or not for all Folders and Sub-folders Under APPL_TOP (Folder/directory) with below conditions i) the directory names should start with xx..... (like xxau,xxcfi,xxcca...etc) and exclude the directory... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Find the newest file in two directories

Hi i have two directories and files inside them Directory 1: Directory 2: These files are the same but song.mp3 in Directory 1 is newer than song.mp3 in Directory 2, and work.txt in Directory 2 is newer than work.txt in Directory 1. Now is my question. How i can compare these files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Falstaff
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing resulted string name of a gzipped file as an argument to another piped tool

Hi, I have a .pcap.gz file and I would like to initially gzip it and then pass the resulting .pcap filename as an argument to a piped tool; the right-hand tool is not standardized linux tool but a custom one that strictly requires the string name of a given .pcap file in order for the pcap file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
2 Replies
IBDMCHK(1)						       IB DATA MODEL PACKAGE							IBDMCHK(1)

NAME
IBDM - Network Checker and Attributes Analyzer SYNOPSYS
ibdmchk has two operation modes: design and verification. DESIGN: ibdmchk [-v][-h][-u][-a <roots file>] -t <topology file> -n <SM Node> -p <SM Port> [-e] [-l <lmc>] VERIFICATION: ibdmchk [-v][-h][-r <roots file>] [-s <subnet file>] [-f <fdb file>] [-l <lmc>] DESIGN MODE DESCRIPTION
The Design mode is intended to be used before the cluster is built. It provides basic checks of the specified network as described by a topology file. After simulating the SM LID assignment and routing algorithms it provides reports of the (H)CA to (H)CA paths depth his- togram and credit deadlock potential in the resulting routing scheme. ARGUMENTS
: -t|--topo <topo file> The topology file specifying the network. See man ibdm-topology-file -n|--node <SM Node> The name of the Subnet Manager node (syntax: <Topo-File-System>/U1) -p|--port <SM Port> The port number by which the SM nodes is attached to the fabric. OPTIONS
-v|--verbose Verbsoe mode -h|--help Provides this help message -l|--lmc <lmc> LMC value > 0 means assigning 2^lmc lids to each port. -e|--enh Use enhanced routing algorithm when LMC > 0 and report the resulting paths correlation (using same system/node) histogram -u|--updn Use up/down routing algorithm instead of OpenSM min-hop. -r|--roots <roots file> A file with all the roots node names (one on each line). VERIFICATION MODE DESCRIPTION
After the cluster is built and OpenSM is run (using flag -D 0x43) it reports the subnet and FDB tables into the files osm-subnet.lst, osm.fdbs and osm.fdbs in /var/log/ (or subnet.lst, osm.fdbs and osm.mcfdbs into /tmp in older OpenSM versions). Based on these files the utility checks all CA to CA connectivity. Further analysis for credit deadlock potential is performed and reported. In case of an LMC > 0 it reports histograms for how many systems and nodes are common between the different paths for the same port pairs. ARGUMENTS
-l|--lmc <lmc> The LMC value used while running OpenSM. Mandatory if not the default 0. OPTIONS
-v|--verbose Verbsoe mode -h|--help Provides this help message -s|--subnet <file> OpenSM subnet.lst file (default is /var/log/osm-subnet.lst or /tmp/subnet.lst) -f|--fdb <file> OpenSM dump of Ucast LFDB. Use -D 0x41 to generate it (default is /var/log/osm.fdbs or /tmp/osm.fdbs). -m|--mcfdb <file> OpenSM dump of Multicast LFDB. Use -D 0x41 to generate it (default is /var/log/osm.mcfdbs or /tmp/osm.mcfdbs). -r|--roots <roots file> A file holding all root nodes guids (one per line). AUTHOR
Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox Technologies LTD, eitan@mellanox.co.il IBDM 1.0 2008-06-16 IBDMCHK(1)