Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: micro film scanner
Operating Systems Linux micro film scanner Post 302688115 by tom1200 on Friday 17th of August 2012 06:01:44 PM
Old 08-17-2012
micro film scanner

epson microfilm 500 scsi:

Is there any way to make this work under linux ? I'm using pclinuxos, it shows the machine in the device panel as sg2 and lists the machine , so Im guessing the kernel knows what it is, but I can't view it as a scanner or capture or input device . What catagory does microfilm machines fall under ? Is there a special viewer program for these ?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

IP Scanner tool

Hey guys.. What is the best tool that can be used on Linux for IP scanning tool that can bring ping status, hostname, and any other open service. I wish I can find a tool like "The Dude" from Mikrotik, but that works only under Windows. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Can Scanner be Initialized from the Terminal

Hi, somewhat of a newbie with Linux, although I have been at it for about three weeks now. Is there a way to wake up or initialize my scanner with a command in the terminal? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klrman
6 Replies

3. Hardware

Epson Scanner

Running Debian 8.5 on a Dell Laptop I have an Epson V39 scanner. Simple scan cannot detect it. Here is what I have: root@server1:/home/server1# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the # result is different from what you expected, first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
2 Replies
EVTEST-CAPTURE(1)														 EVTEST-CAPTURE(1)

NAME
evtest-capture - Input device event capture program SYNOPSIS
evtest-capture "/dev/input/eventX" [evtest-capture.xml] DESCRIPTION
evtest-capture captures the information and events from the input device specified on the command line and writes it to the xml file given. If no filename is given for the output file, evtest-capture.xml is chosen as default. evtest-capture needs to be able to read from the device; in most cases this means it must be run as root. Together with with evtest-create-device.xsl, a simple uinput-based software input device can be created that replays the events as if the same input was performed on the physical device. This can be useful to replicate bugs with input devices in upper layers of the stack. To convert evtest-capture.xml into such a uinput device, run: xsltproc evtest-create-device.xls evtest-capture.xml > mydevice.c gcc -o mydevice mydevice.c ./mydevice DIAGNOSTICS
If evtest-capture does not see any events even though the device is being used, the device may be grabbed by a process (EVIOCGRAB). This is usually the case when debugging a synaptics device from within X. VT switching to a TTY or shutting down the X server terminates this grab and synaptics devices can be debugged. SEE ALSO
evtest(1) AUTHOR
evtest-capture was written by Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer@redhat.com[1]>. NOTES
1. peter.hutterer@redhat.com mailto:peter.hutterer@redhat.com 05/21/2012 EVTEST-CAPTURE(1)