Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to arrange datas in columns in shell script. Post 302687357 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of August 2012 11:55:22 AM
Old 08-16-2012
Or mine?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

re arrange the columns

Hi - can any one let me know how to re-arrange the columns of a comma seperated file. The problem here is that the colums some times have new lines and when the columns has new lines or extra comma's then it is enclosed in double quotes("). Can any one tell me how to re-arrange the columns now. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to separte columns...

Hi all, I have a data file and need to load the data into tables in a database. The problem is I cannot use a while loop with each line as the data is free text and has all kinds of weird characters including carriage returns and new line characters. Each column is separated by ~^~ and a new line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading XML datas via Shell Script

Hi all, i have an xml file with this fomat(exactly) : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE TestSuite SYSTEM "../../CallCrt.dtd"> <TestSuite description="Diameter"> <FileReference FileName="DMI_FC01.xml"/> <!--<FileReference FileName="DMI_FC02.xml"/> -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freepal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk - reading two files & re arrange the columns

Hi, I am trying to read 2 files and writing to the 3rd file if I find the same elements in 2 files. my first file is 1 0 kb12124819 766409 1.586e-01 1 0 kb17160939 773886 8.674e-01 1 0 kb4475691 836671 8.142e-01 1 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to arrange files into several folders

Hello this is the script Im working on I have a picture collection that I rescued from a hard drive and there are thousands of pictures saved in one folder. What I need is to create several folders and put lets say around 200 pictures in each folder. At the end instead of having one huge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kizofilax
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange output based on rows into columns

Hi All, I would like to ask help on how can i achieve below output. Inputfile: Oct11,apa1-daily,01:25:01 Oct11,apa2-daily,01:45:23 Oct12,apa1-daily,02:30:11 Oct12,apa2-daily,01:55:01 Oct13,apa1-off,01:43:34 Oct13,apa2-off,01:22:04 Desired output: Clients ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mars101
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrange files into columns

Hi may i ask how to arrange this file in into columns like example below Problem: #cat data.txt 1 2 3 4 5 a b c d 9 8 7 6 desired output (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script?

I want to put one xml record in one row and so on... sample two records are here. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS -</L> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script?

I want to put one xml record in one row and so on... sample two records are here. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS -</L> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting - need to arrange the columns from multiple file into a single file

Hi friends please help me on below, i have 5 files like below file1 is x 10 y 20 z 15 file2 is x 100 z 245 file3 is y 78 z 23 file4 is x 100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
3 Replies
XkbSetPtrActionX(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					       XkbSetPtrActionX(3)

NAME
XkbSetPtrActionX - Sets the high_XXX and low_XXX fields of act from the signed integer value x SYNOPSIS
void XkbSetPtrActionX (XkbPtrAction act, int x); ARGUMENTS
- act action in which to set X - x new value to set DESCRIPTION
Actions associated with the XkbPtrAction structure move the pointer when keys are pressed and released. If the MouseKeys control is not enabled, KeyPress and KeyRelease events are treated as though the action is XkbSA_NoAction. If the MouseKeys control is enabled, a server action of type XkbSA_MovePtr instructs the server to generate core pointer MotionNotify events rather than the usual KeyPress event, and the corresponding KeyRelease event disables any mouse keys timers that were created as a result of handling the XkbSA_MovePtr action. The type field of the XkbPtrAction structure is always XkbSA_MovePtr. The flags field is a bitwise inclusive OR of the masks shown in Table 1. Table 1 Pointer Action Types ---------------------------------------------------------------- Action Type Meaning ---------------------------------------------------------------- XkbSA_NoAcceleration If not set, and the MouseKeysAccel con- trol is enabled, the KeyPress initiates a mouse keys timer for this key; every time the timer expires, the cursor moves. XkbSA_MoveAbsoluteX If set, the X portion of the structure specifies the new pointer X coordinate. Otherwise, the X portion is added to the current pointer X coordinate to deter- mine the new pointer X coordinate. XkbSA_MoveAbsoluteY If set, the Y portion of the structure specifies the new pointer Y coordinate. Otherwise, the Y portion is added to the current pointer Y coordinate to deter- mine the new pointer Y coordinate. Each of the X and Y coordinates of the XkbPtrAction structure is composed of two signed 16-bit values, that is, the X coordinate is com- posed of high_XXX and low_XXX, and similarly for the Y coordinate. Xkb provides the following macros, to convert between a signed integer and two signed 16-bit values in XkbPtrAction structures. STRUCTURES
typedef struct _XkbPtrAction { unsigned char type; /* XkbSA_MovePtr */ unsigned char flags; /* determines type of pointer motion */ unsigned char high_XXX; /* x coordinate, high bits*/ unsigned char low_XXX; /* y coordinate, low bits */ unsigned char high_YYY; /* x coordinate, high bits */ unsigned char low_YYY; /* y coordinate, low bits */ } XkbPtrAction; X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XkbSetPtrActionX(3)