Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to arrange datas in columns in shell script. Post 302687357 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of August 2012 11:55:22 AM
Old 08-16-2012
Or mine?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

re arrange the columns

Hi - can any one let me know how to re-arrange the columns of a comma seperated file. The problem here is that the colums some times have new lines and when the columns has new lines or extra comma's then it is enclosed in double quotes("). Can any one tell me how to re-arrange the columns now. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to separte columns...

Hi all, I have a data file and need to load the data into tables in a database. The problem is I cannot use a while loop with each line as the data is free text and has all kinds of weird characters including carriage returns and new line characters. Each column is separated by ~^~ and a new line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading XML datas via Shell Script

Hi all, i have an xml file with this fomat(exactly) : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE TestSuite SYSTEM "../../CallCrt.dtd"> <TestSuite description="Diameter"> <FileReference FileName="DMI_FC01.xml"/> <!--<FileReference FileName="DMI_FC02.xml"/> -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freepal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk - reading two files & re arrange the columns

Hi, I am trying to read 2 files and writing to the 3rd file if I find the same elements in 2 files. my first file is 1 0 kb12124819 766409 1.586e-01 1 0 kb17160939 773886 8.674e-01 1 0 kb4475691 836671 8.142e-01 1 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to arrange files into several folders

Hello this is the script Im working on I have a picture collection that I rescued from a hard drive and there are thousands of pictures saved in one folder. What I need is to create several folders and put lets say around 200 pictures in each folder. At the end instead of having one huge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kizofilax
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange output based on rows into columns

Hi All, I would like to ask help on how can i achieve below output. Inputfile: Oct11,apa1-daily,01:25:01 Oct11,apa2-daily,01:45:23 Oct12,apa1-daily,02:30:11 Oct12,apa2-daily,01:55:01 Oct13,apa1-off,01:43:34 Oct13,apa2-off,01:22:04 Desired output: Clients ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mars101
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrange files into columns

Hi may i ask how to arrange this file in into columns like example below Problem: #cat data.txt 1 2 3 4 5 a b c d 9 8 7 6 desired output (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script?

I want to put one xml record in one row and so on... sample two records are here. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS -</L> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script?

I want to put one xml record in one row and so on... sample two records are here. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS -</L> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting - need to arrange the columns from multiple file into a single file

Hi friends please help me on below, i have 5 files like below file1 is x 10 y 20 z 15 file2 is x 100 z 245 file3 is y 78 z 23 file4 is x 100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
3 Replies
DIFF3(1)							     GNU Tools								  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - find differences between three files SYNOPSIS
diff3 [options] mine older yours DESCRIPTION
The diff3 command compares three files and outputs descriptions of their differences. The files to compare are mine, older, and yours. At most one of these three file names may be -, which tells diff3 to read the standard input for that file. Options Below is a summary of all of the options that GNU diff3 accepts. Multiple single letter options (unless they take an argument) can be com- bined into a single command line argument. -a Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -A Incorporate all changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all conflicts with bracket lines. -B Old behavior of -A. Shows non-conflicts. -e Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. -E Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. With -e, an overlapping change looks like this: <<<<<<< mine lines from mine ======= lines from yours >>>>>>> yours --ed Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. --easy-only Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. -i Generate w and q commands at the end of the ed script for System V compatibility. This option must be combined with one of the -AeExX3 options, and may not be combined with -m. --initial-tab Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. -L label --label=label Use the label label for the brackets output by the -A, -E and -X options. This option may be given up to three times, one for each input file. The default labels are the names of the input files. Thus diff3 -L X -L Y -L Z -m A B C acts like diff3 -m A B C , except that the output looks like it came from files named X, Y and Z rather than from files named A, B and C. -m --merge Apply the edit script to the first file and send the result to standard output. Unlike piping the output from diff3 to ed, this works even for binary files and incomplete lines. -A is assumed if no edit script option is specified. --overlap-only Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. --show-all Incorporate all unmerged changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all overlapping changes with bracket lines. --show-overlap Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. -T Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. --text Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -v --version Output the version number of diff3. -x Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. -X Like -E, except output only the overlapping changes. In other words, like -x, except bracket changes as in -E. -3 Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), ed(1), patch(1), sdiff(1). DIAGNOSTICS
An exit status of 0 means diff3 was successful, 1 means some conflicts were found, and 2 means trouble. GNU Tools 22sep1993 DIFF3(1)