Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to delete word when found Post 302687341 by SkySmart on Thursday 16th of August 2012 11:13:31 AM
Old 08-16-2012
i have a slightly different scenario now. i want the awk command to omit every hostgroup configuration that does not have anything set for the members section, as in below:

Code:
define hostgroup {
        alias                         Virtual Machines Primary Site
        hostgroup_name                virt-machines-primary
        members
        use                           generic-hostgroup
}

when members is set, it will look like this:

Code:
define hostgroup {
        alias                         Virtual Machines Primary Site
        hostgroup_name                virt-machines-primary
        members                    relay-nasty-01.net,relay-nasty-02.net,relay-nasty-03.net,relay-nasty-03b.net
        use                           generic-hostgroup
}

so in other words, i want the awk command to omit every hostgroup configuration that is memberless and only output configurations that has some hostname(s) set in the member section. make sense?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete all character before certain word

Hi, For example, i have a string "123 456 789 abc 111 222 333" and I would like to delete all the characters before abc so that it becomes "abc 111 222 333" how can i do that in unix? using sed? note: I actually don't know how many words/charachters before "abc", so the "cut"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phandy
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a word

i have created the following input script CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME_GN AS sp_strip_mean_value_type.get_val(MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME) MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME_val sp_strip_mean_value_type.get_val(MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME) MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME_counter select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseptember
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line if pattern not found

I thought that this was going to be quit simple using sed but i wasn't able to find a way to delete the second line of a text file if my pattern was not found in the line With awk i am completly useless :rolleyes: Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jepeto
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete everything after/before a word in a file

I'm looking for a command that will read a file listing information and delete everything after a certain word is found. I also may need to search the file and delete everything before a certain word. The file would contains fields of information like below repeating for the entire file; Name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

prompt to delete each record when pattern is found

Hello!. I am working on a very simple program and I have been trying different things. This is so far what I have done and there is one small detail that still does not work. It finds all the records in a phonebook per say: ./rem Susan More than one match; Please select the one to remove: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartsimpsong
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print next word after found pattern

Hi all, I'd like to print the next word after a found pattern. example text: word1 word2 word3 word4 pattern word5 pattern word1 word2 word3 word4 word1 word2 pattern word4 basiclly the word after pattern. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the word to be deleted and delete lines above this word starting from P1 to P3

Hi, I have to search a word in a text file and then I have to delete lines above from the word searched . For eg suppose the file is like this: Records P1 10,23423432 ,77:1 ,234:2 P2 10,9089004 ,77:1 ,234:2 ,87:123 ,9898:2 P3 456456 P1 :123,456456546 P2 abc:324234 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print few lines before and after matching word is found suing grep?

Hi, here are few lines present in the logs. I want to grep on Error and print few lines before and after Error word is found line1 Line2 Line3 Error Line4 Line5 Line6 Line7 I want the output to be Line2 Line3 Error Line5 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete only if duplicates found in each record

Hi, i have another problem. I have been trying to solve it by myself but failed. inputfile ;; ID T08578 NAME T08578 SBASE 30696 EBASE 32083 TYPE P func just test func chronology func cholesterol func null INT 30765-37333 INT 37154-37318 Link 5546 Link 8142 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
FAITH(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  FAITH(4)

NAME
faith -- IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay capturing interface SYNOPSIS
device faith DESCRIPTION
The faith interface captures IPv6 TCP traffic, for implementing userland IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay like faithd(8). Each faith interface is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). Special action will be taken when IPv6 TCP traffic is seen on a router, and the routing table suggests to route it to the faith interface. In this case, the packet will be accepted by the router, regardless of the list of IPv6 interface addresses assigned to the router. The packet will be captured by an IPv6 TCP socket, if it has the IN6P_FAITH flag turned on and matching address/port pairs. As a result, faith will let you capture IPv6 TCP traffic to some specific destination addresses. Userland programs, such as faithd(8) can use this behavior to relay IPv6 TCP traffic to IPv4 TCP traffic. The program can accept some specific IPv6 TCP traffic, perform getsockname(2) to get the IPv6 destination address specified by the client, and perform application-specific address mapping to relay IPv6 TCP to IPv4 TCP. The IN6P_FAITH flag on a IPv6 TCP socket can be set by using setsockopt(2), with level IPPROTO_IPV6 and optname IPv6_FAITH. To handle error reports by ICMPv6, some ICMPv6 packets routed to an faith interface will be delivered to IPv6 TCP, as well. To understand how faith can be used, take a look at the source code of faithd(8). As the faith interface implements potentially dangerous operations, great care must be taken when configuring it. To avoid possible misuse, the sysctl(8) variable net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith must be set to 1 prior to using the interface. When net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith is 0, no packets will be captured by the faith interface. The faith interface is intended to be used on routers, not on hosts. SEE ALSO
inet(4), inet6(4), faithd(8) Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino and Kazu Yamamoto, An IPv6-to-IPv4 transport relay translator, RFC3142. HISTORY
The FAITH IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay translator first appeared in the WIDE hydrangea IPv6 stack. BSD
April 10, 1999 BSD