Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Select and group by excluding one field Post 302687295 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 16th of August 2012 10:21:42 AM
Old 08-16-2012
You have to use "sub-selects", which go kinda like this:
Code:
select f.a, f.b, f.c, g.x
from
  (  select field1 a,
              field2 b,
              count(*) c
     from mytable
     group by field1, field2) f,
  (select distinct field3 x
     from mytable
    where field1=f.a 
       and field2=f.c) g;

But I suspect that you may have a schema design problem instead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

select last field from a file

hi everybody i would to select the last field of a file here as you can see i select the field number 8 y=`cat sortie2 | grep "^"| grep "starting"| awk '{ print $8}'` but line can containt more or less field in never know, i just know is the last one so i wondering to know if is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kykyboss
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

select a particular field

hi i have a file wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am sdsdlasdjl sadsadasda wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am sdsdlasdjl sadsadasda wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am sdsdlasdjl sadsadasda wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am sdsdlasdjl sadsadasda wwww-qqq.eee ksdklfsdf adm,as.d,am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the total of a field in all the lines of a group

Hi I have a Fixed format data file where I need to to get the total of the field at certain position in a file for a group of lines. In this data file I need the total of all the field ats position 30:39 for each line starting with 6 and for each group startign with 5. Which means for... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsguy616
27 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-Group count of field

Hi, Suppose if i am having a file with following records as given below. 5555 6756 5555 4555 4555 6767 how can i get the count of each record using AWK. Eg:5555 count should be 2 4555 count should be 2 6767 count should be 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinivt
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

::select statement return value with correct field size::

Hi Everyone, I am facing a problem regarding the select from sybase, the return with the incorrect size. For example, field is NAME(20). After i selected from sybase, the result is nicky. after i assign it to another declaration variable, it will be in actual name "nicky" , what i need... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select or make reference to, part of a field

For a field format such as AAL1001_MD82, how do I select(and use in if statement) only the last four elements( in this case MD82) or the first three elements (in this case AAL)? For instance, how do I do the following - if first three elements of $x == yyy, then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshaykr2
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse with awk (using different fields), then group by a field?

When parsing multiple fields in a file using AWK, how do you group by one of the fields and parse by delimiters? to clarify If a file had tom | 223-2222-4444 , randofield ivan | 123-2422-4444 , random filed ... | and , are the delimiters ... How would you group by the social security... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josef_Stalin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select a particular field from a drop-down menu in a webpage using perl script?

Hi Team, I have a requirement to login into URL using username and password , then I have to select a "particular name" from drop-down menu and then Read the values user records etc.... using perl. Is it possible to do in perl script ? (OR) Can you please let me know which scripting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to select one field

Hi, I saw your post.. I have a dought in awk command... how to get the output from a file. i need a first column in etc/passwd file in a single column (in indivijual line)... i couldn't get with this command cat /etc/passwd | awk -F ":" '{printf $1}' Kindly help This thread was created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dheepak s
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select only the lines of a file starting with a field which is matcing a list. awk?

Hello I have a large file1 which has many events like "2014010420" and following lines under each event that start with text . It has this form: 2014010420 num --- --- num .... NTE num num --- num... EFA num num --- num ... LASW num num --- num... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
9 Replies
SNIFFIT(5)							File Formats Manual							SNIFFIT(5)

NAME
sniffit - configuration file for sniffit (name arbirtary) DESCRIPTION
This page describes the format for the config file for sniffit (see sniffit(8) ). This file allows you to specify in great detail witch packets should be processed by sniffit. This file also controls (or will control) some functions for the continuous logging ('-L' option). A sniffit config file might look like (Be sure to end it with a BLANK line): # Sniffit Sample Config file -- Brecht Claerhout logfile /var/log/sniffit.today.log # First select all packets! select both mhosts 1 select both mhosts 2 # Now deselect all packets from/to those damn 'surfers' deselect both port 80 deselect both port 8001 This file will tell sniffit to process all packets on the subnet except those FROM/TO ports 80 and 8001 (thus we don't want logs of those mass WWW connections witch turn our logs unreadable). GLOBAL FORMAT
The file consists of lines, lines are formed by fields, fields are separated with SPACES (NO TABS). Unix comment lines (starting with '#' are allowed). So this gives us: <field1> <field2> <field3> <field4> <field5> FIELD FORMAT
<field1> select - Sniffit will look for packets that match the following description (other fields) deselect - Sniffit will ignore packets that match the description logfile - change the logfile name to <field2> instead of the default 'sniffit.log' <field2> from - Packets FROM the host matching the following desc. are considered. to - similar, Packets TO the.... both - similar, Packets FROM or TO the.... a filename - as an argument of 'logfile' in <field1> <field3> host - The (de)selection criteria involves a hostname. port - similar, ... a portnumber mhosts - The (de)selection criteria involves multiple-hosts, like with the wildcars in 0.3.0, but without the 'x' <field4> Either a hostname, a portnumber, a service name or a numbet-dot partial notation indicating multiple hosts depending on <field3> (service names like 'ftp' are resolved as the services available present on the host that runs Sniffit, and translated into a port nr) <field5> A portnumber, if <field3> was 'host' or 'mhosts' (optional, if not filled in, all ports are going to be (de)selected) FILE INTERPRETING
The config file is interpreted SEQUENTIAL, so watch it, don't mix lines in a file. Example: select both mhosts 100.100.12. deselect both port 80 select both host 100.100.12.2 This file will get you the packets: a) Send by hosts '100.100.12.*' b) EXCEPT the WWW packets c) BUT showing the WWW packets concerning 100.100.12.2 select both mhosts 100.100.12. select both host 100.100.12.2 deselect both port 80 Will give you the packets (probably unwanted result): a) Send by hosts '100.100.12.*' b) Send from/to 100.100.12.2 (useless line) c) deselecting all WWW packets on the subnet AUTHOR
Brecht Claerhout <coder@reptile.rug.ac.be> SEE ALSO
sniffit(8) SNIFFIT(5)