Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass two word parameter Post 302686751 by Corona688 on Wednesday 15th of August 2012 11:09:37 AM
Old 08-15-2012
Double quotes work. If they don't, something is splitting them later. Show the code of the script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass Parameter to Another Script

I have a piece of code that I do not want to continuously repeat. I want to call script2 from script1 and pass a parameter. Here is an example: Script1: ....... nohup ./Script2 PARAMETER ....... Script2: if # Checks if any params. then echo "No parameters passed to function." ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvprod
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter into script

I would like to write a scirpt a.sh that it first checks the first parameter of the input. If it fulfill some condition ,then run an executable program b by using all the parameter. ie. > ./a.sh 10 20 30 40 50 Then a.sh first checks the first parameter, 10, if it mathes the requirement, then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a parameter

Hi all, How to pass a parameter from a oracle pl/sql procedure parameter to shell environment and use it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass parameter to subroutine

I have something like cp -p <dir>filename1.dat <dir2>filename1.dat there are many other operations in it I mean that filename1.dat will keep on changing I need to write a subroutine so that i can pass filename1 or 2 or 3 .dat as parameter Thanking you in advance Any help wuld be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to function

HI all I have a code like ############################################## minyear() { curryear=$1 echo $curryear } ##Main Program ## minyear exit ####### when i execute "sh scriptname 2005" output should be like 2005 but the output is blank. I guess i need to pass parameter to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass the parameter value to a... ?

Hello I have a simple code like this one: #!/bin/ksh VER=$1 cat /usr/text | while read line do echo $line done Let's say $1=1.0.0 and the contents of text is: abcd.cfg asdf I would like the output to be like this abcd1.0.0.cfg asdf1.0.0 I am thinking of passing the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to SED

My script(ksh) works fine for --------------------------------------------------- sed -n '28,31p' ${l_name} >> ${LOG_DIR}/Email.txt --------------------------------------------------- But I wand to pass parrmeter to this syntax I did the following things ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter

Hi, I have following for loop , please let me know how to get ${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} parameter with 1DAY and 7DAY values. for i in 1DAY 7DAY do ${NZSQL_DIR}/nzsql -h ${HOST} -time -v ON_ERROR_STOP=1 -f ${SQL_DIR}/${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} > ${TMP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter to bteq?

I am using below code to connect terdata and getting the query result in a file.Now i want to use same code for different tables,plz tell me how to pass table name as parameter.i tried using as below code but not working. bteq < /download/viv/dev/ops/Scripts/ter.sh FLTORGTKR_ORG_etc.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
1 Replies
PPI::Token::Quote::Double(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    PPI::Token::Quote::Double(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Token::Quote::Double - A standard "double quote" token INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Quote::Double isa PPI::Token::Quote isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
A "PPI::Token::Quote::Double" object represents a double-quoted interpolating string. The string is treated as a single entity, PPI will not try to understand what is in the string during the parsing process. METHODS
There are several methods available for "PPI::Token::Quote::Double", beyond those provided by the parent PPI::Token::Quote, PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. Got any ideas for methods? Submit a report to rt.cpan.org! interpolations The interpolations method checks to see if the double quote actually contains any interpolated variables. Returns true if the string contains interpolations, or false if not. simplify For various reasons, some people find themselves compelled to have their code in the simplest form possible. The "simply" method will turn a simple double-quoted string into the equivalent single-quoted string. If the double can be simplified, it will be modified in place and returned as a convenience, or returns false if the string cannot be simplified. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Quote::Double(3pm)