Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl: problem in looping! how to get rid Post 302685931 by anurupa777 on Monday 13th of August 2012 03:08:07 PM
Old 08-13-2012
perl: problem in looping! how to get rid

Hi i just want to open 2 files and find difference between cond1[2] and cond2[2] and if the difference is greater than or equal to some number say 2 print the lines again in 2 different files.
Code:
file 1 (1.txt) 
aqw dfr 34 
poilo ggg 98 
file 2  (2.txt)
qww asd 28 
poilo ggg 97

Code:
open FILE1,"1.txt" or die "can't open file 1";
open FILE2,"2.txt" or die "can't open file 2";
open(w1,">3.txt");
open(w2,">4.txt");
while (my $line1 = <FILE1>) {
chomp $line1;
my @cond1 = split("\t" , $line1);
print "$cond1[2]\n";
while (my $line2 = <FILE2>) {
chomp $line2;
my @cond2 = split("\t" , $line2);
print "$cond2[2]\n";
if(abs($cond1[2]-$cond2[2])>=2)
{
print w1 "$line1\n";
print w2 "$line2\n";
}
}
}
close FILE1;
close FILE2;
close w1;
close w2;

when i try this i am not able to get the output in proper way i mean my output should look like this
Code:
3.txt 
aqw dfr 34
4.txt 
qww asd 28

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question - looping through an array of hashrefs

I have an array of hashrefs that look like the following: my @LAYOUT = ( {SQL_1 => "select count (*) FROM prospect WHERE PROCESS_DATE = To_date('INSERT_DATE_HERE', 'mm/dd/yyyy') and tiff_filename is not null ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kregh99
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: looping problem!

I am having a problem with awk when I run it with a loop. It works perfectly when I echo a single line from the commandline. For example: echo 'MFG009 9153852832' | awk '$2 ~ /^0-9]$/{print $2}' The Awk command above will print field 2 if field 2 matches 10 digits, but when I run the loop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with looping construct

Hi all I have tried to search for this, but keep getting a MySQL db connect error, so am posing the question here, and taking a risk of incurring the wrath of the mods with my first post... I have the following test script: #!/bin/bash HTTPD=`/bin/ps -axcu | /usr/bin/grep httpd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikie
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with looping the directories

Hi all, I have a directory which has many sub-directories. Now, I want to check the space of each dir and redirect the output in a file if space exceeds the limit. I have already done it, but the way I did is not very good. I just listed the directories and awked the last column to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: looping through the output of a 'system' command

Hi there could anybody point me in the right direction when it comes to looping through the output of a system command in perl (i.e. df -k) doing a test against each line to see if it matches? for example if i have a df -k output like this and I wanted to grab the lines that matched "sda" or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SVM Solaris 8 Problem. Metastat output looping

Hi friends, I'm newbie to SVM. Just wanna try installed it on one of our server (to do mirroring for disk0 and disk1) but i think im lost until now. :( the steps i've taken is as below:- 1.prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2 2.metadb -a -c 3 -f c1t0d0s7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kronenose
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping problem

I have been trying to come up with a program that can do this: Say I have a file named "sir" with a single field; 10 229 288 35 83 47 3 I want to create a file "gen" with three fields with the data in file "sire" listed in field 1 while field 2 and 3 are just 1 each like this: SPARSE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iconig
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Looping

Hi, guys, What I want is exactly shown below (I modified the former image and it looks like clearer.) https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-EG8SKkrWEvc/Ube9e-jDiHI/AAAAAAAAAOM/hFNT0UqQPWE/s512/Linux_Study_20130611_001.jpg And with some guys' help, I made it. My script is below: #!/bin/bash #... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping in Perl based on defined keys in Map

Hello All, I am writing the below script where it will connect to database and returns the results. #!/sw/gcm/perl510/bin/perl use SybaseC; &openConnection; &loadvalues; sub openConnection { $dbproc = new SybaseC(SYDB}, $ENV{DBDFLTUSR}, $ENV{DBDFLTPWD}); if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping problem

I need help. I am trying to get this script to send out only one email not multiple emails of the abend. Currently it will send me one then and ther with the first and second one then another email with the first second and third abend and so on. I only want one email sent. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbcarosi
2 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)