Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing Command Line Args in a Single Variable? Post 302685865 by mrm5102 on Monday 13th of August 2012 12:55:41 PM
Old 08-13-2012
Hey Corona688, thanks again for the reply...

Hummmm.... You given me some stuff to think about here lol, I'm going to play around with this a bit and I'll post back
with my results.

Thanks again for you suggestions/explanations, I appreciate your help!

Thanks Again,
Matt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the command line argument in a variable

Hi, I am new to unix. Is their a way to pass the output of the line below to a variable var1. ls -1t | head -1. I am trying something like var1=ls -1t | head -1, but I get error. Situation is: I get file everyday through FTP in my unix box. I have to write a script that picks up first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

required command line args

Hello, How do I make a command line argument required using getopts? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoi2hot4ya
6 Replies

3. Programming

Command line args

My program usage takes the form for example; $ theApp 2 "one or more words" i.e. 3 command line arguments; application name, an integer, some text My code includes the following 4 lines: int anInteger; char words; sscanf(argv, "%d", &anInteger); sscanf(argv, "%s", &message); Based... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line args

I am trying to print command line arguments one per second. I have this while do echo "6" shift echo "5" shift echo "4" shift echo "3" shift echo "2" shift echo "1" shift done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooly5
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line args 2

I have this while loop and at the end I am trying to get it to tell me the last argument I entered. And with it like this all I get is the sentence with no value for $1. Now I tried moving done after the sentence and it printed the value of $1 after every number. I don't want that I just want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooly5
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve command line args one by on.

Hi, I have to store all the command line arguments into an array. I have the following code. ********************** #! /bin/sh set -A arr_no_updates i=1 while do arr_no_updates=$($i) echo ${arr_no_updates} i=$(($i+1)) done**************** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line args in unix

Hi, i have a perl script named test.pl. It is executed as cat *.log|test.pl i need the complete command line args. I tried using basename $0 but im getting test.pl only but not cat *.log... Can anyone help me on this. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
3 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Cut | command line args

Hi, Can you please hint me how to achieve the below? Input: $./script.sh start 1 2 Internally inside the script i want to set a single variable with $2 and $3 value? Output: CMD=$1 ARGS=$2 $3 --VInodh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading of variable in a single line command

Hi All, Below is a sample command that I can run without any problem in the command line. Command Line dtToday=`date +%Y%m%d`; ls -ltr ./filename_${dtToday}.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 monuser oinstall 0 Jan 18 11:02 ./filename_20130118.txt But once I put that command line in file (list.txt) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: padi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the value of variable which is read from command line in called script

Hi, I am calling a Perl script in my shell script. When Perl script is executed it asks for a answer to be entered by user from terminal. How can i pass that value from my shell script ?? I know I can change perl script to default the answer but i dont have access to do that so only option i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
5 Replies
ttk::checkbutton(3tk)						 Tk Themed Widget					     ttk::checkbutton(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::checkbutton - On/off widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::checkbutton pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::checkbutton widget is used to show or change a setting. It has two states, selected and deselected. The state of the checkbutton may be linked to a Tcl variable. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -compound -cursor -image -state -style -takefocus -text -textvariable -underline -width See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS Command-Line Name:-command Database Name: command Database Class: Command A Tcl script to execute whenever the widget is invoked. Command-Line Name:-offvalue Database Name: offValue Database Class: OffValue The value to store in the associated -variable when the widget is deselected. Defaults to 0. Command-Line Name:-onvalue Database Name: onValue Database Class: OnValue The value to store in the associated -variable when the widget is selected. Defaults to 1. Command-Line Name:-variable Database Name: variable Database Class: Variable The name of a global variable whose value is linked to the widget. Defaults to the widget pathname if not specified. WIDGET COMMAND
In addition to the standard cget, configure, identify, instate, and state commands, checkbuttons support the following additional widget commands: pathname invoke Toggles between the selected and deselected states and evaluates the associated -command. If the widget is currently selected, sets the -variable to the -offvalue and deselects the widget; otherwise, sets the -variable to the -onvalue Returns the result of the -command. WIDGET STATES
The widget does not respond to user input if the disabled state is set. The widget sets the selected state whenever the linked -variable is set to the widget's -onvalue, and clears it otherwise. The widget sets the alternate state whenever the linked -variable is unset. (The alternate state may be used to indicate a "tri-state" or "indeterminate" selection.) STANDARD STYLES
Ttk::checkbutton widgets support the Toolbutton style in all standard themes, which is useful for creating widgets for toolbars. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(3tk), ttk::radiobutton(3tk), checkbutton(3tk) KEYWORDS
widget, button, toggle, check, option Tk 8.5 ttk::checkbutton(3tk)