Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match word and put data before it Post 302685663 by raj_saini20 on Monday 13th of August 2012 07:57:57 AM
Old 08-13-2012
Try this if any discrepancy with required output let me know
Code:
awk -F"," '
BEGIN{  OFS=",";
	f=0;
	i=1;
	while (getline < "7wordfile")
		{
			a[$1]++;b[i++]=$1
		}
}
{
	for (j=1;j<=NF;j++)
		{
			x=substr($j,length($j)-2,3);
			y=substr($j,length($j)-1,2);
			if(a[x])
				{
					a[x]=2;
					$j=substr($j,1,length($j)-4)
				}
			else
				{
					if(a[y])
						{
							a[x]=2;
							$j=substr($j,1,length($j)-3)
						}
				};
			if(a[$j])
				{
					a[$j]=2;
					f=1
				};

if(f==1)
				{
					$j=z;
					f=0
				}
		};
	for(k=1;k<i;k++)
		{
			if(a[b[k]]==2)
				{
					a[b[k]]=1;
					for(l=1;l<=NF;l++) 
						{
							if(length($l))
								{
									printf $l"," > b[k]
								}

};
					printf "\n"  > b[k]
				}
		}
}' input

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

put each word in new line - sed or tr

Hello ! I have a result of ls command in a file: file1 file2 file3.out file4.pdf file5 they all are separated by space. I need to put them on a separate line example: file1 file2 file3.out file4.pdf fil35 i tried sed 's/ /\n/g' inputfile > outputfile but did not help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put raw data to column data

Dear all, I want below data to make it in column format.so i will see the data like this cdrID teleServiceCode chargedPartyNumber ... ... ... ... "egmailcom0w10ggzx00" 'sMS (5)' "716323770" "m17ifi5z30w0z6o7200" 'sMS (5)' ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nayanajith
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word in a xml file and print the out put

hi , i m having a html file and this file looks like this <ssl> <name>PIA</name> <enabled>true</enabled> <listen-port>39370</listen-port> </ssl> <log> <name>PIA</name> </log> <execute-queue> <name>weblogic.kernel.Default</name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: becksram123
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put a word starting at particular position in a file using shell scripting

Hi all, I'm new to shell scripting and hence this query. I have 2 files. temp.txt and config.txt. The values in temp.txt are tab separated. ex: temp.txt AB CDE GHIJ OPQRS WXY ex:config.txt (1st line for 1st element of temp.txt and so on) start = '1' end='5' start = '6' end =... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhrap.das
26 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read data word by word from given file & storing in variables

File having data in following format : file name : file.txt -------------------- 111111;name1 222222;name2 333333;name3 I want to read this file so that I can split these into two paramaters i.e. 111111 & name1 into two different variables(say value1 & value2). i.e val1=11111 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjoshi98
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put numbers after word

Hello I have an file with this content -------------------------------------------- timer one timer two timer three timer four timer five timer six timer seven ------------------------------------------- And I want the following output.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thailand
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to match a path in a file and put it into a variable

Hello,:p I made a script which do a backup on remote servers with a rsync command. I have a config.cfg with the IPs and the paths where it will copy the directory. The problem is that it doesn't match the paths, So, here my script and its output with the debug : #!/bin/bash # PATHS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the first word if the word three match

Dear ALL, I have sample file : IDcentos-forum,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome IEfedora-milis,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE IRfreebsd-milis,aix,unixbsd,pyton required output: centos,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome fedora,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE freebsd,aix,unixbsd,pyton Can you help me pls.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnulyn
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application ``up to date'' by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. SEE ALSO
after(n), bgerror(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)