Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to split the sql output into two different variables Post 302685569 by KarthikPS on Monday 13th of August 2012 05:28:39 AM
Old 08-13-2012
How to split the sql output into two different variables

Hi,

How to set as variable from sql output.

Query:
Code:
 select aa.serial, ao.name from ann_amit aa JOIN ann_object ao on (aa.classid=ao.classid);

I got two values from aa.serial and ao.name, I wanna make two different variable for aa.serial and ao.name.

The value of aa.serial should be in one variable and
The value of ao.name should be in another variable

How i should do from shell script, please let me know

Last edited by Scott; 08-13-2012 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH split string into variables

Hello, I am an intermediate scripter. I can usually find and adapt what I need by searching through previous postings, but I'm stumped. I have a string with the format "{Name1 Release1 Type1 Parent1} {Name2 Release2 Type2 Parent2}". It is being passed as an argument into a ksh script. I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd_2b
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split a single sql file into multiple files

Hi,I have a single sql file containing many create table ddl's.Example: CREATE TABLE sec_afs ( rpt_per_typ_c char(1) NOT NULL, rpt_per_typ_t varchar(20) NULL, LOCK ALLPAGES go EXEC sp_primarykey 'sec_afs', rpt_per_typ_c go GRANT SELECT ON sec_afs TO developer_read_only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarter_aries
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash:How to split one string variable in two variables?

Hello, I have a paramter $param consisting just of two literals and want to split it into two parameters, so I can combine it to a new parameter <char1><string><char2>, but the following code didn't work: tmp_PARAM_1=cut -c1 $PARAM tmp_PARAM_2=cut -c2 $PARAM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql output from multiple rows and columns as variables in a script

This is for an Oracle journal import. I was using a pl/sql package and oracle API's. Oracle added invoker rights to their API's and now my package won't run. I didn't want to use their API's anyway. The only reason i was using pl/sql and the API's (just a package) was to utilize a cursor. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split lines in a file and store them in variables

Hi, I have a file called files.txt which contains data like http://abc.xyz.com/ghi/klm/nop/qrs/tuv/wxyz/ There are multiple lines like the above in this file. In .sh script, I would like to read this file, split each line, and store the variable of "qrs" and "wxyz" in separate variables. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana.n
3 Replies

7. Web Development

split line based on delimeter SQL

I have a SQL query SELECT BLAH_ID, BLAH_CODE, DATEFORMAT(CALENDAR_DATE, 'MM-DD-YYYY') AS CALENDAR_DATE_STR, HOURS, 'N', FROM blah_tmp_tbl order by CALENDAR_DATE_STR,BLAH_ID,BLAH_CODE; OUTPUT TO 'MyExport.CSV' quote '' FORMAT ASCII; That gets me the below output; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ffdstanley
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies

10. Programming

Need sql query to string split and normalize data

Hello gurus, I have data in one of the oracle tables as as below: Column 1 Column 2 1 NY,NJ,CA 2 US,UK, 3 AS,EU,NA fyi, Column 2 above has data delimited with a comma as shown. I need a sql query the produce the below output in two columns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
5 Replies
CUBRID_PING(3)								 1							    CUBRID_PING(3)

cubrid_ping - Ping a server connection or reconnect if there is no connection

SYNOPSIS
bool cubrid_ping ([resource $conn_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Checks whether or not the connection to the server is working. PARAMETERS
o $conn_identifier - The CUBRID connection identifier. If the connection identifier is not specified, the last connection opened by cubrid_connect(3) is assumed. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the connection to the server CUBRID server is working, otherwise FALSE. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_ping(3) example <?php set_time_limit(0); $conn = cubrid_connect('localhost', 33000, 'demodb'); /* Assuming this query will take a long time */ $sql = "select * from athlete"; $result = cubrid_query($sql); if (!$result) { echo 'Query #1 failed, exiting.'; exit; } /* Make sure the connection is still alive, if not, try to reconnect */ if (!cubrid_ping($conn)) { echo 'Lost connection, exiting after query #1'; exit; } cubrid_free_result($result); /* So the connection is still alive, let's run another query */ $sql2 = "select * from code"; $result2 = cubrid_query($sql2); ?> PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_PING(3)