Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getting no output with my perl program Post 302685399 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 12th of August 2012 08:22:21 PM
Old 08-12-2012
Reason you are getting no output is you used different case for fhconditions in open and while lines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing output from C++ program

Hi I have a C++ program that generates a lot of log information on the console, I need this output (printed using printf function) to go to a file since I will use crontab to schedule the job. I know I can do this: myprog > myfile but I don't know how to enter this in crontab. I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I use the stream output in other program

Hello I wander if im doing : ls -l and its giving me lets say 3 results : -rw-r--r-- 1 blah other 1789 May 19 2003 foo.c -rw-r--r-- 1 blah other 1014 May 19 2003 foo.h -rw-r--r-- 1 blah other 270 May 19 2003 foo1.c now I would like to use the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Programming

C program Output

The output I got for this pgm is "4 4 4 4". Can any one help me to understand how I got this output. Also please suggest me some links to learn about argumnets evaluation in C. # include <stdio.h> void func(int a, int b, int c, int d) { printf("%d %d %d %d", a, b, c, d); } int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunviswanath
3 Replies

4. Programming

ambiguity in program output

1 #include <fcntl.h> 2 3 main(int argc, char *argv) 4 { 5 char buf; 6 int fd, count = 0; 7 8 if (argc > 1) 9 fd = open(argv, O_RDONLY); 10 else 11 fd = 0; /* Use standard input */ 12 13 while (read(fd, buf, 1) > 0) { 14 if (count < 5) write(1, buf, 1); 15 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Program output overflows

I Wrote code that forks into two processes, a parent process, and a child process. The parent process will take the arguments to main() and send them one character at a time to the child process through a pipe (one call to write for each character). The child process will count the characters... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hansel13
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

7. Programming

Please help me with my output for my program

Hello All, iam a new memeber today i joined this forum. hope i will get help. the below program takes input strings and give reverse of input string. && mv /home/test1/programs/display /home/test1/programs/old echo " Please enter the test " read a echo "$a" > file wc -c file > file1 perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Display in a perl program

Hi All, I have created a sample perl program in one of the unix environment as below #!/usr/bin/perl print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; print "<H1>Hello World</H1>"; When I execute it in unix, I get the below Content-type: text/html <H1>Hello World</H1> However, when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program

can anyone help me out to write a code by connecting to the sql database and I need to print the list of tables present in the databse. any ideas please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
megaco_transport(3erl)					     Erlang Module Definition					    megaco_transport(3erl)

NAME
megaco_transport - Megaco transport behaviour. DESCRIPTION
The following functions should be exported from a megaco_transport callback module: * send_message/2 [ mandatory ] * send_message/3 [ optional ] * resend_message/2 [ optional ] * EXPORTS
Module:send_message(Handle, Msg) -> ok | {cancel, Reason} | Error Module:send_message(Handle, Msg, Resend) -> ok | {cancel, Reason} | Error Types Handle = term() Msg = binary() | iolist() Resend = boolean() Reason = term() Error = term() Send a megaco message. If the function returns {cancel, Reason} , this means the transport module decided not to send the message. This is not an error. No error messages will be issued and no error counters incremented. What actions this will result in depends on what kind of message was sent. In the case of requests, megaco will cancel the message in much the same way as if megaco:cancel had been called (after a success- full send). The information will be propagated back to the user differently depending on how the request(s) where issued: For requests issued using megaco:call , the info will be delivered in the return value. For requests issued using megaco:cast the info will be delivered via a call to the callback function handle_trans_reply . In the case of reply, megaco will cancel the reply and information of this will be returned to the user via a call to the callback function handle_trans_ack . The function send_message/3 will only be called if the resend_indication config option has been set to the value flag . The third argument, Resend then indicates if the message send is a resend or not. Module:resend_message(Handle, Msg) -> ok | {cancel, Reason} | Error Types Handle = term() Msg = binary() | iolist() Reason = term() Error = term() Re-send a megaco message. Note that this function will only be called if the user has set the resend_indication config option to true and it is in fact a mes- sage resend. If not both of these condition's are meet, send_message will be called. If the function returns {cancel, Reason} , this means the transport module decided not to send the message. This is not an error. No error messages will be issued and no error counters incremented. What actions this will result in depends on what kind of message was sent. In the case of requests, megaco will cancel the message in much the same way as if megaco:cancel had been called (after a success- full send). The information will be propagated back to the user differently depending on how the request(s) where issued: For requests issued using megaco:call , the info will be delivered in the return value. For requests issued using megaco:cast the info will be delivered via a call to the callback function handle_trans_reply . In the case of reply, megaco will cancel the reply and information of this will be returned to the user via a call to the callback function handle_trans_ack . Ericsson AB megaco 3.15.1 megaco_transport(3erl)