Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK specific output filename
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK specific output filename Post 302685125 by LMSteed on Friday 10th of August 2012 07:15:08 PM
Old 08-10-2012
Awesome! I just had to make one change to get it to work. I changed FNR==1 to NR==1. So I didn't get the header every other line. fAWKing sweet!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include field in the output filename of awk

Im using awk and I want the output filename to contain the first field of the input file. Ex. 1 dddd wwwww 1 eeeee wwww 1 wwww eerrrr 2 eeee eeeeee I want the output files to be xxx1 and xxx2 Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a specific date from cal output with AWK

Hi guys! I'll make this short... Is there any good way to get the day number that first matches the Monday column from the cal command output with awk (or any other text manipulator commands) ? I'm sorry if my question wasn't clear at all. For example... One cal output would be $... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Casey
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk assign output of array to specific field-number

With this script i want to print the output to a specific field-number . Can anybody help? awk 'NR=FNR{split(FILENAME,fn,"_");nr=$2;f = $1} END{for (i=1;i<=f;i++) print i,$fn=nr}' input_5.csv input_6.csvinput_5.csv 4 135 5 185 6 85 11 30input_6.csv 1 90 3 58 4 135 7 60 8 55 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdf
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem piping find output to awk, 1st line filename is truncated, other lines are fine.

Today I needed to take a look through a load of large backup files, so I wrote the following line to find them, order them by size, and print the file sizes in GB along with the filename. What happened was odd, the output was all as expected except for the first output line which had the filename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output specific matches in file

Using the attached file, the below awk command results in the output below: I can not seem to produce the desired results and need some expert help. Thank you :). awk -F'' ' { id += $4 value += $5 occur++ } END{ printf "%-8s%8s%8s%8s\n", "Gene", "Targets", "Average Depth", "Average... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to place specific contents filename within text file

I am trying to use awk to place the contens of a filename in $1 and $2 followed by the data in the text file. Basically, put the filename within the text file. There are over 1000 files in the directory and as of now each file is saved with a unique name but it is not within the file. Thank you... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk : dynamic output flatfile filename

Hello, I'm using the awk command to insert empty columns on a tab delimited flatfile - which works fine - => But I'm not able to manage dynamicaly the filename of the awk output based on the source flatfile filename I have 3 source flatfile: flatfile_Jan-2016.csv flatfile_Feb-2016.csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tipiak
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output match and mismatch with count using specific fields

In the below awk I am trying output to one file those lines that match between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count in (). I am also trying to output those lines that are missing between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count of in () each. Both input files are tab-delimited, but the... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create separate files but not include specific field in output

I am trying to use awk to create (in this example) 3 seperate text file from the unique id in $1 in file, if it starts with the pattern aa. The contents of each row is used to populate each text file except for $1 which is not needed. It seems I am close but not quite get there. Thank you :). ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
is_linetouched(3XCURSES)				  X/Open Curses Library Functions				  is_linetouched(3XCURSES)

NAME
is_linetouched, is_wintouched, touchline, touchwin, untouchwin, wtouchln - control window refresh SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> bool is_linetouched(WINDOW *win, int line); bool is_wintouched(WINDOW *win); int touchline(WINDOW *win, int start, int count); int touchwin(WINDOW *win); int untouchwin(WINDOW *win); int wtouchln(WINDOW *win, int y, int n, int changed); PARAMETERS
win Is a pointer to the window in which the refresh is to be controlled or monitored. line Is the line to be checked for change since refresh. start Is the starting line number of the portion of the window to make appear changed. count Is the number of lines in the window to mark as changed. y Is the starting line number of the portion of the window to make appear changed or not changed. n Is the number of lines in the window to mark as changed. changed Is a flag indicating whether to make lines look changed(0) or not changed(1). DESCRIPTION
The touchwin() function marks the entire window as dirty. This makes it appear to X/Open Curses as if the whole window has been changed, thus causing the entire window to be rewritten with the next call to refresh(3XCURSES). This is sometimes necessary when using overlapping windows; the change to one window will not be reflected in the other and, hence will not be recorded. The touchline() function marks as dirty a portion of the window starting at line start and continuing for count lines instead of the entire window. Consequently, that portion of the window is updated with the next call to refresh(). The untouchwin() function marks all lines in the window as unchanged since the last refresh, ensuring that it is not updated. The wtouchln() function marks n lines starting at line y as either changed (changed=1) or unchanged (changed=0) since the last refresh. To find out which lines or windows have been changed since the last refresh, use the is_linetouched() and is_wintouched() functions, respectively. These return TRUE if the specified line or window have been changed since the last call to refresh() or FALSE if no changes have been made. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
doupdate(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 is_linetouched(3XCURSES)