Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File delta detection
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File delta detection Post 302684823 by manubatham20 on Friday 10th of August 2012 06:20:54 AM
Old 08-10-2012
Hi,

Please see the example below:

Column 3 and Column 5 represents the key set.

OLD
Code:
a|ae|1|ecg|10|@jks*|xyz
b|dm|2|bp|20|$5lw!|qwe
c|co|3|mb|30|&dhf!|gfh
d|te|4|value|40|@kdk+|kdd

NEW
Code:
a|ae|1|ecg|10|@jks*|xyz
b|dm|2|bp|20|$lwa!|sdf
d|te|4|value|40|@kdk-|kdd
f|sv|5|jdjd|50|^ghd2|uyy

DELTA
Code:
b|dm|2|bp|20|$lwa!|sdf|u
c|co|3|mb|30|&dhf!|gfh|d
d|te|4|value|40|@kdk-|kdd|u
f|sv|5|jdjd|50|^ghd2|uyy|i

One more condition to add, we don't have to include those records in DELTA file, which are identical in OLD and NEW files (means we don't need to include identical lines of NEW and OLD file into DELTA file, see example above for 1st line in both the files)

I tried, with sorting on key columns and then finding the difference.... but I am not good enough in UNIX. Smilie

Thanks,
Manu

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File detection then run script

I am currently running 4 scripts to complete a job for me. Each script requires the finished file of the one before it. For example the first script gets the finished file called model.x, then i would like script2 to start in and use model.x as the input and get model_min.x as the finished... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating DELTA file in UNIX

I have a fixed length file (854 characters file). Our project will start getting this file soon. On the first day this file will have 100000 records. From the next day the file will have all the records from previous day + some new records (there will be few additions + few changes in day1... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
13 Replies

3. Programming

Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection

Hey, for the purpose of a research project I need to know if a specific type of parallel processing is being utilized by any user-run programs. Is there a way to detect whether a program either returns a value to another program at the end of execution, or just utilizes any form of parallel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with email to be triggered based on fatal error detection from batch run log file neded

Hi, I require need help in two aspects actually: 1) Fatal error that gets generated as %F% from a log file say ABClog.dat to trigger a mail. At present I manually grep the log file as <grep %F% ABClog.dat| cut-d "%" -f1>. The idea is to use this same logic to grep the log file which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zico1986
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

GPS extracts fix delta time

Hello all, I am currently trying to find the delta time from some GPS log. I am using the following script with awk. But the script result shows some incorrect values (delta time some time = 0.2 but when I check it manually it is equal to 0.1) My final goal is to get a script that print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redafenj
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delta from the first digit

Thanks of your suggestions i was able to calculate the delta between some numbers in a column file with . awk 'BEGIN{last=0}{delta=$1-last; last=$1; print $0" "delta}' the file was like 499849120.00 500201312.00 500352416.00 500402784.00 500150944.00 499849120.00 500150944.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)