Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX how to get all of the syslog Post 302684709 by zhaoyy on Friday 10th of August 2012 01:51:42 AM
Old 08-10-2012
Thanks for answer. Your understanding is correct. I just want to get that database. When I know every possible fault, I can do some association analysis in network management field. To do so, can reduce the alarm number.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies

2. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies
alarm(2)							   System Calls 							  alarm(2)

NAME
alarm - schedule an alarm signal SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> unsigned int alarm(unsigned int sec); DESCRIPTION
The alarm() function causes the system to generate a SIGALRM signal for the process after the number of real-time seconds specified by sec- onds have elapsed (see signal.h(3HEAD)). Processor scheduling delays may prevent the process from handling the signal as soon as it is generated. If seconds is 0, a pending alarm request, if any, is cancelled. Alarm requests are not stacked; only one SIGALRM generation can be scheduled in this manner; if the SIGALRM signal has not yet been gen- erated, the call will result in rescheduling the time at which the SIGALRM signal will be generated. The fork(2) function clears pending alarms in the child process. A new process image created by one of the exec functions inherits the time left to an alarm signal in the old process's image. RETURN VALUES
If there is a previous alarm request with time remaining, alarm() returns a non-zero value that is the number of seconds until the previous request would have generated a SIGALRM signal. Otherwise, alarm() returns 0. ERRORS
The alarm() function is always successful; no return value is reserved to indicate an error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), fork(2), signal.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 7 Jun 2001 alarm(2)