Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extracting non-zero pairs of numbers from each row Post 302684635 by Lucky Ali on Thursday 9th of August 2012 08:19:50 PM
Old 08-09-2012
thanks..but I am getting an error message
Code:
awk: syntax error at source line 1
 context is
	 >>>  <<< 
awk: illegal statement at source line 1
	missing }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting a row from a file

hi... i want to extract single row from a file at a time and i don't want to specify which row to be extracted in the command. i mean i want to use a loop, so that i will fetch all the rows one after the another. i used sed -n '$count p' filename but this is not working. please give me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting numbers from a string

Hello Everyone, i have quick question. I have file names like: bin_map300.asc and I would like to extract grid300. My approach so far: name=bin_map300.asc echo ${name%%.*} echo ${name##*_} I am stuck combining the two. Any help would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: creamcheese
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the numbers in a row

File A aa <space> --D--A--D---DDY---M--UM-M--MY Another file D3 M9 So output shud be Here in FileA D which is 3 after removing dash after we have counted dash D is position at 9 and for M is 23 final output will be D9 M23 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding row of numbers

is there another way of doing the below: echo "7 3 8 2 2 1 3 83.4 8.2 4 8 73 90.5" | bc shell is bash. os is linux and sunos. bc seems to have an issue with long range of numbers (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print last row of numbers

I have a spreadsheet of extremely long rows of numbers. I want to print only the last column. Tried using printf but there seems to be too many rows. example: 3 100 34 7 23 0 8 ..... X 400 203 778 1 ..........Y 58 3 9 0 100 ..........Z I only want to print X, Y and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting numbers

Hi I am part of a academic organization and I want to send a fax to the students however there must be a quicker way to get the fax numbers extracted from the online forms they sent me. The file looks like this (numbers are fake in order to protect identity): Biochemistry Major Michael... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting key/value pairs in awk

I am extracting a number of key/value pairs in awk using following: awk ' /xyz_session_id/ { n=index($0,"xyz_session_id"); id=substr($0,n+15,25); a=$4; } END{ for (ix in a) { print a } }' I don't like this Index + substr with manually calculated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiply a row of numbers

the following is used to add numbers: echo 7 47 47 44 4 3 3 3 3 3 | awk '{ for(i=1; i<=NF;i++) j+=$i; print j; j=0 }' how do i multiply OR subtract a row of numbers using the above tactic? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data between two tag pairs

In a huge log file (43MB, 43k lines) I am trying to extract data between two tag pairs on same line and export it to a file so I can pull it into Excel for a report. One Pair is <Text>data I need</Text> Other pair follows on same line and is <TimeStamp>more data I need</TimeStamp> I would need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanookArctic
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of numbers in row

Need help in coding: File with several rows incl. numbers like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... How can i build the sum of each row seperately? 10 26 ... Thx for help. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitty11
13 Replies
hx509 error functions(3)					Heimdalx509library					  hx509 error functions(3)

NAME
hx509 error functions - Functions void hx509_clear_error_string (hx509_context context) void hx509_set_error_stringv (hx509_context context, int flags, int code, const char *fmt, va_list ap) void hx509_set_error_string (hx509_context context, int flags, int code, const char *fmt,...) char * hx509_get_error_string (hx509_context context, int error_code) void hx509_free_error_string (char *str) void hx509_err (hx509_context context, int exit_code, int error_code, const char *fmt,...) Detailed Description See the Hx509 error reporting functions for description and examples. Function Documentation void hx509_clear_error_string (hx509_context context) Resets the error strings the hx509 context. Parameters: context A hx509 context. void hx509_err (hx509_context context, int exit_code, int error_code, const char * fmt, ...) Print error message and fatally exit from error code Parameters: context A hx509 context. exit_code exit() code from process. error_code Error code for the reason to exit. fmt format string with the exit message. ... argument to format string. void hx509_free_error_string (char * str) Free error string returned by hx509_get_error_string(). Parameters: str error string to free. char* hx509_get_error_string (hx509_context context, int error_code) Get an error string from context associated with error_code. Parameters: context A hx509 context. error_code Get error message for this error code. Returns: error string, free with hx509_free_error_string(). void hx509_set_error_string (hx509_context context, int flags, int code, const char * fmt, ...) See hx509_set_error_stringv(). Parameters: context A hx509 context. flags o HX509_ERROR_APPEND appends the error string to the old messages (code is updated). code error code related to error message fmt error message format ... arguments to error message format void hx509_set_error_stringv (hx509_context context, int flags, int code, const char * fmt, va_list ap) Add an error message to the hx509 context. Parameters: context A hx509 context. flags o HX509_ERROR_APPEND appends the error string to the old messages (code is updated). code error code related to error message fmt error message format ap arguments to error message format Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 hx509 error functions(3)