Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extracting non-zero pairs of numbers from each row Post 302684621 by Lucky Ali on Thursday 9th of August 2012 08:13:01 PM
Old 08-09-2012
they have to be directly after each other. The number of columns will be an even number

---------- Post updated at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:10 PM ----------

I guess the two in a row - side by side..if it makes it clear

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting a row from a file

hi... i want to extract single row from a file at a time and i don't want to specify which row to be extracted in the command. i mean i want to use a loop, so that i will fetch all the rows one after the another. i used sed -n '$count p' filename but this is not working. please give me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting numbers from a string

Hello Everyone, i have quick question. I have file names like: bin_map300.asc and I would like to extract grid300. My approach so far: name=bin_map300.asc echo ${name%%.*} echo ${name##*_} I am stuck combining the two. Any help would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: creamcheese
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the numbers in a row

File A aa <space> --D--A--D---DDY---M--UM-M--MY Another file D3 M9 So output shud be Here in FileA D which is 3 after removing dash after we have counted dash D is position at 9 and for M is 23 final output will be D9 M23 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding row of numbers

is there another way of doing the below: echo "7 3 8 2 2 1 3 83.4 8.2 4 8 73 90.5" | bc shell is bash. os is linux and sunos. bc seems to have an issue with long range of numbers (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print last row of numbers

I have a spreadsheet of extremely long rows of numbers. I want to print only the last column. Tried using printf but there seems to be too many rows. example: 3 100 34 7 23 0 8 ..... X 400 203 778 1 ..........Y 58 3 9 0 100 ..........Z I only want to print X, Y and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting numbers

Hi I am part of a academic organization and I want to send a fax to the students however there must be a quicker way to get the fax numbers extracted from the online forms they sent me. The file looks like this (numbers are fake in order to protect identity): Biochemistry Major Michael... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting key/value pairs in awk

I am extracting a number of key/value pairs in awk using following: awk ' /xyz_session_id/ { n=index($0,"xyz_session_id"); id=substr($0,n+15,25); a=$4; } END{ for (ix in a) { print a } }' I don't like this Index + substr with manually calculated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiply a row of numbers

the following is used to add numbers: echo 7 47 47 44 4 3 3 3 3 3 | awk '{ for(i=1; i<=NF;i++) j+=$i; print j; j=0 }' how do i multiply OR subtract a row of numbers using the above tactic? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data between two tag pairs

In a huge log file (43MB, 43k lines) I am trying to extract data between two tag pairs on same line and export it to a file so I can pull it into Excel for a report. One Pair is <Text>data I need</Text> Other pair follows on same line and is <TimeStamp>more data I need</TimeStamp> I would need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanookArctic
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of numbers in row

Need help in coding: File with several rows incl. numbers like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... How can i build the sum of each row seperately? 10 26 ... Thx for help. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitty11
13 Replies
SIZE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   SIZE(1)

NAME
size - print the size of the sections in an object file SYNOPSIS
size [ option ... ] [ object ... ] DESCRIPTION
Size (without the -m option) prints the (decimal) number of bytes required by the __TEXT, __DATA and __OBJC segments. All other segments are totaled and that size is listed in the `others' column. The final two columns is the sum in decimal and hexadecimal. If no file is specified, a.out is used. The options to size(1) are: - Treat the remaining arguments as name of object files not options to size(1). -m Print the sizes of the Mach-O segments and sections as well as the total sizes of the sections in each segment and the total size of the segments in the file. -l When used with the -m option, also print the addresses and offsets of the sections and segments. -x When used with the -m option, print the values in hexadecimal (with leading 0x's) rather than decimal. -arch arch_type Specifies the architecture, arch_type, of the file for size(1) to operate on when the file is a universal file. (See arch(3) for the currently know arch_types.) The arch_type can be "all" to operate on all architectures in the file. The default is to display only the host architecture, if the file contains it; otherwise, all architectures in the file are shown. SEE ALSO
otool(1) BUGS
The size of common symbols can't be reflected in any of the numbers for relocatable object files. Apple Computer, Inc. July 28, 2005 SIZE(1)