Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script to filter the numbers which are around the set value Post 302684099 by raj_saini20 on Thursday 9th of August 2012 07:24:03 AM
Old 08-09-2012
Code:
awk -F"," 'BEGIN{i=1}{if($2<=20.5 && $2 >=19.5){a[i]=$0;i++}else{i=1}}END{for(j=1;j<i;j++){print a[j]}}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter parts of a big file using awk or sed script

I need an assistance in file generation using awk, sed or anything... I have a big file that i need to filter desired parts only. The objective is to select (and print) the report # having the string "apple" on 2 consecutive lines in every report. Please note that the "apple" line has a HEX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

seperating records with numbers from a set of numbers

I have two files one (numbers file)contains the numbers(approximately 30000) and the other file(record file) contains the records(approximately 40000)which may or may not contain the numbers from that file. I want to seperate the records which has the field 1=(any of the number from numbers... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
15 Replies

3. Programming

Libpcap: Set a filter. (C)

Hi I'm reading about the libpcap documentation. I see that with the function: pcap_setfilter ( pcap_t *p, struct bpf_program *fp) we can choose to take one packet instead another. I read that the struct bpf_program allow us to create a packet filter , ....so if I want just sample some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk filter numbers inbetween

Hi, I have a file which has a number in each line ( i think they are strings ) I will have a $first and $last variable, which are strings but contains only numbers. Also a file $f, I want to filter out the lines in $f with only numbers in between $first and $last. Do I need to consider the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a27wang
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compute the median of a set of numbers with AWK?

Is there a way in awk to compute the median of a set of numbers in a file in the following format. 34 67 78 100 23 45 67 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How set filter netstat -an | grep -P '\:'38''

Hi, I can write sh script for Linux platform I run: netstat -an | grep -P '\:'38''| grep ESTABLISHED but result: # netstat -an | grep -P '\:'38''| grep ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0 172.16.1.107:383 172.16.1.81:49981 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ostapv
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column

Hi all! I have a data set in this tab separated format : Label, Value1, Value2 An instance is "data.txt" : 0 1 1 -1 2 3 0 2 2 I would like to parse this data set and generate two files, one that has only data with the label 0 and the other with label -1, so my outputs should be, for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnat01
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Filter a set of data to parse header line and last field of multiple same match.

Hi Experts, I have a data with multiple entry , I want to filter PKG= & the last column "00060110" or "00088150" in the output file: ############################################################################################### PKG= P8SDB :: VGS = vgP8SOra vgP8SDB1 vgP8S001... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - set numbers [ 1 ... n] from the 6 line

Hi, i have a file, where measurement-data is stored in the first column. The file has also a header of 5 lines. I want to set counting up numbers in front of any particular measurement-value; should start at the 6. line with starting number 1. i try to solve it with ... awk 'NR > 6 { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter and delete numbers in a list

Hello, I've got a list of a single column numbers like 3000.66 3002.55 3062.23 3242.12 etc... I would like to delete all numbers higher than for example 3060.00 and lower than 2990.00 How can I do that? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)