Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity LDAP and PAM Configurations for Windows 2008 R2 ADS and Cubox Ubuntu client Post 302683729 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 8th of August 2012 11:24:02 AM
Old 08-08-2012
Duplicate thread. Closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pam ldap limit authentication

I have a linux machine which authenticate users to ldap, this is working fine. But I would like to limit users that logon to the machines to just the system admins. The machines hosts different web sites which users accessed from there home directory like http://foo.mdx.ac.uk/~username At the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PAM LDAP Passwort

Hallo miteinander, ich bin gerade dabei ein eigenes C-Programm zuschreiben um mich über PAM auf einen LDAP Server zu authentifizieren. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saschaLin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding LDAP server configurations

Hi, I'm using debian etch in my server and have a preconfigured LDAP server. I want to know which configuration can I use to configure libnss-ldap. My main questions is: Does the LDAP database require login? Special LDAP privileges for root? Make the configuration file readable/writeable by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Using ADS Ldap from Linux

Hello, We're about to identify our Linux users against AD/Ldap. Our Linux test server is domain Member, winbind ,kerberos and Samba SSO are working fine. Next step is to read user attributes from active directory and at this point we suck. We have created a functional user for ldap... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: demwz
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems Hooking Sudoers into PAM/LDAP

Greetings!! I am attempting to solve a rather thorny issue and I was hoping that someone might have some insight into what is going on here.. At this point I have an openLDAP server that is working quite splendidly! :) I have a working directory with users able to authenticate it and TLS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluethundr
2 Replies

6. Solaris

LDAP, PAM or SSHD?

Hi, I´m trying to make Solaris authenticate users in AD. NTP is working, nsswitch.ldap is listed above, DNS is Ok and I made something different in pam.conf, krb5.conf and sshd_config (see above) nsswitch.ldap: passwd: files ldap group: files ldap hosts: files dns ipnodes: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpcavalcanti
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

LDAP and PAM Configurations for Windows 2008 R2 ADS and Cubox Ubuntu client

Please I am having problem to login using Active Directory Services 2008 R2 accounts on a cubox ubuntu (2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2 #46). "getent passwd" only shows local users, however I can querry ADS users using ldapsearch command. I have 2 systems, one that does not use gdm can login with all users... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: powelltallen
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Unable to SSH from Windows client to Ubuntu Server

I'm trying to setup a small home network environment as a pet project. These are physical machines nothing virtual. Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated. I can ping between both machines and I have Samba established and can read/write different shares. When I try to SSH from Windows 8.1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lombardi4851
10 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X LDAP client not accepting ssh or console logins (PAM error)

Hi Folks, I've install 389 Directory Server on a Centos 7.0 server. Over the last two days I've been trying to connect a MacBook running 10.10.5 to the server as a client and I'm having only partial success. I've "Joined" to my network Account Server, and set my LDAP Mappings to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlh
2 Replies

10. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)														pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)