Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to loop lines and print substring Post 302683499 by guruprasadpr on Wednesday 8th of August 2012 06:15:25 AM
Old 08-08-2012
Hi

Code:
$ awk -F, '/mbeanName/{printf $3}/Get attribute Properties/{print $2}' file
SAP_J2EEClusterNode=3620850 deployment_forbidden=off
SAP_J2EEClusterNode=3620851 deployment_forbidden=off

Guru.
This User Gave Thanks to guruprasadpr For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop + sum + print using awk

Hi, I am unable sum of each column in the loop usng awk command. Awk is not allowing the parameters in the command. i am facing the below error. awk: 0602-562 Field $() is not correct. Source file abc.txt 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900 101,201,301,401,501,601,701,801,901 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: number10
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK and print next lines #3 thru #10

I have a output log file, that I want to extract some temperature measurement data. I want to AWK on the words "show chassis environment" in the original file, and extract that entire line, and then the 3rd to 10th lines after the one I AWK'd, into a seperate output file. Here is an example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HikerLT
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop and awk print

Hi, i am using a variable tmpVar, using variable data i need implement for loop tmpVar="abc bbc cbc nbc mbc" # valiable having total number of words= 5 so i need to loop 5 times. tmpVar="abc bbc cbc nbc mbc" tmpcnt=`echo $tmpVar|wc -w` for cnt in 1..$tmpcnt do t1=`echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed, awk or perl to remove substring of all lines except the first

Greetings All, I would like to find all occurences of a pattern and delete a substring from the all matching lines EXCEPT the first. For example: 1234::group:user1,user2,user3,blah1,blah2,blah3 2222::othergroup:user9,user8 4444::othergroup2:user3,blah,blah,user1 1234::group3:user5,user1 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacksolm
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print each output of loop in new column using awk or shell

I have this output from a loop a11 1,2 3,4 5,6 7,8 12,8 5,4 3,6 a12 10,11 12,13 15,18 20,22 a13 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maryre89
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for an awk command to print strings only if substring is missing

I have a file that I need to find each interface that has move-group on the interface line and print this line if the lines under the interface does Not have "filter-shared 14". Example file: interface 1/1/1/0 move-group decription one one one zero no shut filter-shared 14... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
21 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print awk output in same line ,For loop

My code is something like below. #/bin/bash for i in `ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v bash | grep -v grep | grep -v perl | grep -v asm | grep -v MGMT|awk '{print $1" "$8}'` do echo $i ORACLE_SID=`echo $line | awk '{print $2}'` USERNAME=`echo $line | awk '{print $1}'` done ============= But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
IO::Async::PID(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       IO::Async::PID(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::PID" - event callback on exit of a child process SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::PID; use POSIX qw( WEXITSTATUS ); use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $kid = $loop->fork( code => sub { print "Child sleeping.. "; sleep 10; print "Child exiting "; return 20; }, ); print "Child process $kid started "; my $pid = IO::Async::PID->new( pid => $kid, on_exit => sub { my ( $self, $exitcode ) = @_; printf "Child process %d exited with status %d ", $self->pid, WEXITSTATUS($exitcode); }, ); $loop->add( $pid ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a process exits. For most use cases, a IO::Async::Process object provides more control of setting up the process, connecting filehandles to it, sending data to and receiving data from it. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_exit $exitcode Invoked when the watched process exits. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": pid => INT The process ID to watch. Must be given before the object has been added to the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. on_exit => CODE CODE reference for the "on_exit" event. Once the "on_exit" continuation has been invoked, the "IO::Async::PID" object is removed from the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. METHODS
$process_id = $pid->pid Returns the underlying process ID $pid->kill( $signal ) Sends a signal to the process AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::PID(3pm)