Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help mounting nfs on boot on Solaris 11 Post 302683177 by pans_soul on Tuesday 7th of August 2012 10:18:59 AM
Old 08-07-2012
Since this issue is several months old I will assume it was either resolved or a workaround devised but I did run into the same issue on Solaris 11 and it was not enough to simply enable nfs/client. I had to use the -r option to enable all its dependencies as well. This fixed the issue for me:

Code:

svcadm enable -r nfs/client
reboot

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to pans_soul For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 8 NFS mounting problem

While mounting nfs file system I get the following error . # mount -F nfs jewelex:/back2 /oback2 nfs mount: jewelex:/back2: Permission denied Following is the permission for oback2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root other 512 Apr 9 18:39 oback2 Directory permission on jewelex server is ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
4 Replies

2. Linux

NFS not mounting during kickstart

Hi, Re-building linux server from a kickstart image on cdrom. We have a kickstart server. the cdrom contacins the kickstart ks.cfg file and does a NFS mount from an IP to load the iso images and other files needed during the kickstart (re-build) Now for some reason the kickstart stops and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

3. Solaris

problem NFS mounting onto Solaris 10

On my Solaris 10 server, I want to share out the directory /export/home/data, so in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file, I have this line: share -F nfs -o rw /export/home/data In the /etc/hosts.equiv file, I have this: + When I do a "ps -ef" command, I see that the "nfsd' daemon is started. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Mounting a NFS network file system across platforms - Solaris to AIX

Hi all, Kind of an emergency situation, I have to NFS mount an AIX filesystem on to a Sun Solaris OS (5.10). Typically from Sun to Sun is: mount -F nfs <remote file system>/dir <mount point> Which of course doesn't work if the remote file system is another OS (like AIX). Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting NFS filesystem

Hi All, I need to mount an nfs filesystem as below. xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky Catherine/logs For the above as there is space in between the name, hoping it will not mount, if i give it with double quotes as below will it work? mount "xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS not mounting using ipaddress of client

Dear All, I have an NFS Server and client. I am trying to include the ipaddress of the client in servers exports file /etc/exports. In this case , I could not mount , saying permission denied. But when I give * symbol in the place of ipaddress ( Global , any IPS ) it is mounting. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

NFS mounting from client pc

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ainstin
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS mounting issue

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Mounting 2012R2 NFS Share on Solaris 10

Hi all, new here. I'm attempting to mount an NFS share I've created on a 2012r2 esx VM on my solaris 10 vm, I'm using the following command: mount 2012box:/sharename /mnt and I get the following result: nfs mount: mount: /mnt: Operation not supported Both vms can ping one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meshuggener
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Mounting NFS

Hi, I am having some issues mounting NFS files. for some reason the mount -F nfs is not being recognized.. bash-3.2# mount -F nfs -o rw 192.168.245.129:/mnt/nfs1/ /mnt UX:vxfs mount: ERROR: V-3-20135: FSType nfs not recognized UX:vxfs mount: INFO: V-3-20147: Usage: mount {special |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
5 Replies
nfsd(1M)																  nfsd(1M)

NAME
nfsd - NFS daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/nfsd [-a] [-c #_conn] [-l listen_backlog] [-p protocol] [-t device] [nservers] nfsd is the daemon that handles client file system requests. Only users with {PRIV_SYS_NFS} and sufficient privileges to write to /var/run can run this daemon. The nfsd daemon is automatically invoked using share(1M) with the -a option. By default, nfsd starts over the TCP and UDP transports for versions 2 and 3. By default, it starts over the TCP for version 4. You can change this with the -p option. A previously invoked nfsd daemon started with or without options must be stopped before invoking another nfsd command. Administrators wanting to change startup parameters for nfsd should, as root, make changes in the /etc/default/nfs file. See nfs(4). The following options are supported: -a Start a NFS daemon over all available connectionless and connection-oriented transports, including UDP and TCP. Equivalent of setting the NFSD_PROTOCOL parameter to ALL in the nfs file. -c #_conn This sets the maximum number of connections allowed to the NFS server over connection-oriented transports. By default, the number of connections is unlimited. Equivalent of the NFSD_MAX_CONNECTIONS parameter in the nfs file. -l Set connection queue length for the NFS TCP over a connection-oriented transport. The default value is 32 entries. Equiva- lent of the NFSD_LISTEN_BACKLOG parameter in the nfs file. -p protocol Start a NFS daemon over the specified protocol. Equivalent of the NFSD_PROTOCOL parameter in the nfs file. -t device Start a NFS daemon for the transport specified by the given device. Equivalent of the NFSD_DEVICE parameter in the nfs file. The following operands are supported: nservers This sets the maximum number of concurrent NFS requests that the server can handle. This concurrency is achieved by up to nservers threads created as needed in the kernel. nservers should be based on the load expected on this server. 16 is the usual number of nservers. If nservers is not specified, the maximum number of concurrent NFS requests will default to 1. Equivalent of the NFSD_SERVERS parameter in the nfs file. USAGE
If the NFS_PORTMON variable is set in /etc/system, then clients are required to use privileged ports (ports < IPPORT_RESERVED) to get NFS services. This variable is equal to zero by default. This variable has been moved from the "nfs" module to the "nfssrv" module. To set the variable, edit the /etc/system file and add this entry: set nfssrv:nfs_portmon = 1 0 Daemon started successfully. 1 Daemon failed to start. .nfsXXX Client machine pointer to an open-but-unlinked file. /etc/default/nfs Contains startup parameters for nfsd. /etc/system System configuration information file. /var/nfs/v4_state Directories used by the server to manage client state information. These directories should not be removed. /var/nfs/v4_oldstate See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ps(1), svcs(1), mountd(1M), share(1M), svcadm(1M), nfs(4), sharetab(4), system(4), attributes(5), smf(5) Manually starting and restarting nfsd is not recommended. If it is necessary to do so, use svcadm to enable or disable the nfs service (svc:/network/nfs/server). If it is disabled, it will be enabled by share_nfs(1M), unless its application/auto_enable property is set to false. See the , and svcadm(1M) for more information. The nfsd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/nfs/server Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. If nfsd is killed with SIGTERM, it will not be restarted by the service management facility. Instead, nfsd can be restarted by other sig- nals, such as SIGINT. 27 Apr 2005 nfsd(1M)